“A fantastic new landmark building for Earlsfield.”
Nick Cuff, Chairman, Wandsworth Planning Committee
For 30 years, audiences and artists have been welcome guests to our home in Earlsfield. Guests who we want to ensure have a pleasant, invigorating and inspiring time in our company. To continue to provide both inspiration and comfort for future generations, we are planning major renovations that will create a landmark new theatre for Earlsfield and London generally. The new Tara will provide a larger theatre, with individual seats for up to 100 people, a more relaxed foyer, a new patio garden and bar, as well as a separate rehearsal-and-meeting space.
We will set an example with the inclusion of effective renewable energy technologies and by improving our accessibility with the provision of a lift and disabled facilities.
Our renovation plan has had enthusiastic support from Arts Council England, Wandsworth Council and several Trusts. We have to date raised just over 70% of the total cost of renovations. Your support will be invaluable in helping us achieve the remaining 30% needed to begin construction in Spring 2014.
Below are several ways in which you can directly support our Building Fund and leave your own mark on the new Tara Arts. You can also help by bringing our appeal to the attention of your own friends and colleagues.
SPONSOR RENEWABLE ENERGY £80
Our energy plans include the installation of rainwater harvesting technology, solar panels and ground-source heat pumps to provide our ventilation, water and electricity needs. Your support will be rendered into the fabric of our new Foyer walls, against a distinctive Anglo-Indian design.
BUY A BRICK £185
Immortalise your support in our new patio garden. Your name will be carved into the brick walls forming our new patio garden in a style incorporating traditional Indian and English motifs and techniques.
NAME A SEAT £300
Become a permanent part of Tara by buying your own seat in our new theatre. The seat will be covered in a fabric and colour of your choosing, with your name embroidered on the seat back.
TOUCH OF INDIA Pay-What-You-Can
Every £ donated online or in one of the Donation Pots in our foyer goes towards bringing a touch of India into the fabric of our new building. We have already identified suppliers in India for furniture, door panels, bar and box office counters and other decorative items that will embed a touch of India in Earlsfield.