If you haven’t played a food trivia questions game, you are missing a lot in your life!
We all love food! Some love fast food, some love traditional food and some are fond of world food. Holidays, fun nights, get togethers and adventures are incomplete without food. Our lives are incomplete without it!
But, how much do we know about food? Isn’t it an interesting question? To check our level of understanding, we have compiled food and drink quiz questions for you.
These food trivia questions can make your game night full of fun. If any of your friends or family members claim to be food lovers, challenge them with these questions. Check whether they are true in their claim or not!
So, what are you waiting for? Jump into these interesting food quiz questions and check your and your loved one’s level of food love and knowledge.
Best Food Trivia Questions of All Time
Ask these food trivia questions to any food lover and see him squirm during the question game. They are a combination of different types of food knowledge quiz questions so everyone can try them.
1. What is the world’s most expensive spice?
2. A Scoville scale is used to measure what?
Answer: The spicy heat of peppers.
3. What is the culinary term for “according to the menu”?
Answer: A la Carte.
4. What is the national dish of China?
Answer: Peking duck.
5. What is the national dish of Scotland?
6. Haricot beans are used to make what?
Answer: Baked beans.
7. Mageirocophobia is the fear of what?
8. Saffron spice is obtained from which flower?
9. Which country is known to host the largest farm in the world?
Answer: China with the Mudanjiang City Mega Farm.
10. How big is the largest firm?
Answer: Almost 23 million acres.
11. What was ketchup used as during the 1830s?
12. In 1974, what was the first product scanned by a UPC scanner?
Answer: Wrigley’s Juicy Fruit gum.
13. Bubble tea originated in which country?
14. The technical name for the white part of an egg is known as what?
15. Chefs are careful when preparing the Japanese fish “fugu”, why?
Answer: Its flesh is poisonous.
16. What is the name of the small, flat griddle used to cook tortillas and meat in Mexico?
17. What chemical is used to test for sugars in food?
Answer: Benedict’s Solution.
18. What is a flageolet?
19. In Indian cuisine, what is roti?
20. In medical emergencies, coconut water can also be used as what?
Answer: Blood plasma.
21. Which food is known to be the most stolen in the world?
22. What is traditionally eaten the day before Ash Wednesday in the U.K.?
23. Which country exports the largest amount of food?
Answer: The United States of America.
24. What is the only vitamin not found in an egg?
Answer: Vitamin C.
25. Which is the only edible food that never expires?
26. What amount comes in a baker’s dozen?
27. What does the word “kosher” mean in Hebrew?
28. How many calories are in one gram of fat?
Answer: 9 calories.
29. When baking chicken, what is known to be the minimum safe internal temperature?
Answer: 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
30. How is white sugar converted into brown sugar?
Answer: By adding molasses.
31. Dijon mustard is a product of which country?
32. Which country is known for introducing chopsticks?
33. Venison comes from which animal?
34. Which Chinese dish literally means “assorted pieces”?
Answer: Chop Suey.
35. The soup, Pho, originated in which country?
36. The popular drink, matcha, originated in which country?
37. Chimichurri sauce originated in which country?
38. Which Asian country is known to be the world’s leading producer of tea?
39. What dish is also known as bean curd?
40. Calamari is what type of fish?
41. Which state consumes the most turkey on Thanksgiving day?
42. What spread is common in Australia to add to toast and crackers?
43. Sushi is commonly wrapped in what?
44. Are almonds considered seeds or nuts?
45. Which food is made from the skin and bones of animals?
General Food Trivia Questions
This food general knowledge quiz will act as a warm up activity for the game. So, go for general food trivia questions and answers and check how many you can answer them.
1. “100% squeezed sunshine” is which company’s advertising slogan?
2. What type of trout is most commonly available in the US?
Answer: Rainbow trout.
3. In cooking, what is cutting herbs or vegetables into very fine strips called?
4. What is Marsala?
Answer: A sweet wine.
5. Before opening Wendy’s, what fast food franchise did Dave Thomas work at?
Answer: Kentucky Fried Chicken.
6. “Better ingredients, better pizza” is the advertising slogan of which company?
Answer: Papa John’s Pizza.
7. In cooking, what would you use a dredger for?
Answer: To sprinkle flour or sugar lightly.
9. Stilton cheese is native to what country?
10. What is the main ingredient in falafel?
11. Black Forest cake originates from which country?
12. In which year did Coca-Cola release New Coke, with a reformulated recipe?
13. Which country does the chorizo sausage originate from?
14. What type of liquid is used to marinate raw fish in Mexican ceviche?
Answer: Lime juice.
15. How many curries usually accompany rice at traditional South Indian festivities?
16. Where was the first macaroni factory established?
Answer: Brooklyn, New York.
17. Traditionally, what kind of icing frosts a carrot cake?
Answer: Cream cheese.
18. Which ingredients combine to create a ganache?
Answer: Whipping cream and melted chocolate.
19. Which cake Originate Germany?
Answer: Black Forest.
20. Other than butter, what is the main ingredient in buttercream frosting?
Answer: Powdered sugar.
21. In a New Orleans classic, bread pudding, what liquor is poured on top?
22. Who is said to have been the founder of classical French cooking?
Answer: Marie-Antoine Careme.
23. Where was the Caesar salad invented?
24. Question: A pimento is what type of vegetable?
25. The fast food concept came from which country and when?
Answer: USA, White Castle in 1921.
27. When did the first Starbucks open?
28. Which fast food franchise has spread furthest in the world?
29. Which city was Currywurst invented?
30. Which food is considered to be family food in the USA?
31. Which soft drink is the oldest soft drink in the USA?
Answer: Doctor Pepper.
32. Which soft drink was the most sold drink in 2018?
Answer: Coca Cola.
33. What is the most widely eaten food in the world?
34. Pizza Hut originated in which country?
Answer: The USA.
35. What is the most widely eaten meat in the world?
36. Jambalaya is a dish with influence from multiple cuisines including Caribbean and Spanish. It first became popular in the US in which city?
Answer: New Orleans.
37. Biryani is a famous dish from which countries?
Answer: Pakistan and India.
38. Bobotie is the national dish of which country?
Answer: South Africa.
39. Which country invented Gazpacho?
40. Gruyère is a cheese from which country?
41. Shirley, Ailsa Craig and Mr. Stripey are all types of what?
42. Eccles cakes originated from which county in England?
44. Bouillabaisse is a fish stew that comes from which French city?
45. Cheesecake is believed to have been served at the first what?
Answer: Olympic Games.
Easy Food Trivia Questions for Kids
Read these easy food trivia questions and answers which everyone can answer. Basically, these are food trivia questions for kids to involve them in the game. They will love these questions so you can play it with them.
1. Kimchi is a popular side dish from where?
2. Is tomato a vegetable or fruit?
3. What vegetable looks like mini trees?
4. What should you always do before cooking?
Answer: Wash your hands.
5. I grow in a tree as bunches?
6. I am sweet, red, and you pick me from a field?
7. I am a circle fruit that you can also make juice with?
8. I am a red soup that goes well with grilled cheese?
Answer: Tomato soup.
9. I am green and I grow on a vine. You can find me in a salad. What am I?
10. What part of the plant is a potato?
11. What do you call a person who does not eat meat but eats fish?
12. Rice is mainly composed of which nutrient?
13. What are the three macronutrients essential for good health?
Answer: Fat, carbohydrate, and protein.
14. What ingredient in fruit makes it sweet?
15. What is eggshell primarily made up of?
Answer: Calcium carbonate.
16. Which fruit is banned across all types of public transport in Singapore because of its unpleasant odor?
17. French Fries originated from which country?
18. Which country is the largest producer of chili peppers in the world?
19. Pork is the meat of which animal?
Answer: Domestic Pig.
20. Pizza and pasta originated from which country?
21. After eating which poisoned fruit did Snow White fall into a deep sleep?
22. What is the full form of PBJ sandwich?
Answer: Peanut Butter and Jelly.
23. What is the main ingredient in cotton candy?
24. What is one of the most popular Japanese dishes?
25. What happens if you put old eggs in cold water?
Answer: They float.
26. What is a dried plum called?
27. Which acid is present in curd?
Answer: Lactic acid.
28. Which food item does Popeye consume to gain strength?
29. Which fruit has more Vitamin C: Orange or Strawberry?
30. When you cut me I will usually make you cry.
31. I am red and sweet. I have a long thin stem but I am small in size. I am a fruit and have a very small seed inside.
32. I am sweet and you eat me after you sing a Happy Birthday.
33. I am very popular dessert during the Holidays. I came in many different flavors. You have to bake me.
34. What are dairy products made with?
35. I grow in the ground and rabbits like to snack on me?
36. What is the sticky substance that bees make? It is sweet.
37. I am high in protein and low in fat. I am caught in seas and oceas.
38. I am very popular seafood. It can be cooked in many ways. I have a thin layer of shell you have to pull of when you eat me.
39. I am made from potatoes. I can be sliced thin or thick and then I am fried. I taste yummy dipped in ketchup.
Answer: French Fries.
40. I am a squash that starts with the letter Z?
41. What is baked in a bundt pan?
Answer: A bundt cake.
Funny Food Trivia Questions
What family gathering or friends get together without any laughter? How can anyone enjoy a question game without any funny element? That’s why we have compiled these funny food quiz questions for you. Read and ask these food quiz questions with answers in the game.
1. What gives oranges and carrots their orange color?
2. Milk is majorly composed of which protein?
3. Who is the founder of KFC?
Answer: Harland David Sanders, commonly known as Colonel of Kentucky.
4. Which fruit has the highest protein content?
5. What are dried grapes called?
Answer: Raisins, sultanas, currants.
6. Which mineral responsible for red blood cell formation is found in Spinach?
7. What part of the plant, when developed, is classified as a fruit?
8. Which is the only fruit with seeds on the outer skin?
9. Orange is a rich source of which vitamin?
Answer: Vitamin C.
10. I a round and like to be cooked on a bbq grill?
11. You pour in a frying pan or pot so things don’t stick?
12. I taste good as a pie but kids love decorating me as well?
14. I have feathers and usually get eaten in November?
15. I am a popular dessert. I need to stay frozen or I will melt.
Answer: Ice cream.
16. I have superfood properties. I am tiny and round. I vary in color between purple and blue.
17. I am a popular food at baseball games and go well with a bag of chips.
18. Which is healthier, spinach or iceberg lettuce?
19. What year did McDonald create its first Happy Meal?
20. What in our blood lowers due to the consumption of garlic? This prevents one from getting heart disease.
21. Which country consumes the most chocolate per person each year?
22. Messy snack. Consist of two graham crackers, chocolate, and a marshmallow, what is this?
23. A large single seed in the middle. What food is this?
24. The food is yellow color. One can find it in singles or on a cob?
25. I am staple food prepared from flour and water.
26. I am high in protein and fiber. There are many different types of me. I am very small and come in different colors. What am I?
27. Protected with a hard white shelle on the outside. Inside It have a small yellow ball. You can scramble or boil it. What is this?
28. I am a common type of poultry. I can be cooked many different ways like fried, baked, or broiled.
29. Which is the most commonly consumed vegetable in the world?
30. Lady’s finger is another name for which vegetable?
31. Which fruit inspired Sir Isaac Newton to discover the law of gravity?
32. What are the equal-length sticks used by East Asians for eating called?
33. A melon that is green on the inside?
34. A melon that has seeds on the inside. It is red on the inside.
35. It looked like an orange on the outside but inside I am pink.
36. What do you call the seed of the cacao tree that is used for making chocolates?
Answer: Cocoa beans.
37. Which country consumes the most tea per person?
38. Which fruit has a hard exterior and milk inside it?
39. What do you call a person who doesn’t eat any animal-based products?
40. What type of food is referred to by the acronym BLT?
Answer: Bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich.
41. Is the fatty acid found in many fish that is important for optimal health?
Answer: Omega 3 fatty acid.
42. I am the green log you use when you make ants on a log?
Good Food Trivia Questions
Ask this food trivia quiz to anyone. They are amalgam of different types and can be asked to anyone. These good food trivia questions will increase your appetite and will make your game interesting.
1. How many calories are present in each gram of carbohydrate?
Answer: Four calories.
2. Which country is famous for the fast-food chain ‘Jolibee’?
3. What is the term for fear of food?
4. What is Burger King called in Australia?
Answer: Hungry Jack’s.
5. What is the name of the melon that is green inside?
Answer: Honeydew melon.
6. The word “coffee” is derived from which language?
7. Which country is the largest producer of Coffee?
8. Which is the most popular pizza topping in the US?
9. Which country is the world’s largest producer of bananas?
10. What is the name of the person who made the first milk chocolate?
Answer: Daniel Peter.
11. Which is the first company in history to deliver pizza in outer space?
Answer: Pizza Hut.
12. In which country was the largest pizza in the world made?
13. Which is the first food consumed in space?
14. Which is the first vegetable to be planted in space?
15. Burritos originated from which country?
16. What chemical gives garlic its pungent smell?
17. What is eggplant called in the U.K?
18. What type of food is Bratwurst?
Answer: German Sausage.
19. What is the mushroom capital of the world?
Answer: Kennett Square, Pennsylvania.
20. What makes Jelly beans shiny?
21. What is ketchup called in Australia?
Answer: Tomato sauce.
22. Which is the most popular type of pasta?
23. Kiwifruit originated from which country?
24. Which religion prohibits the consumption of beef?
25. Which Japanese delicacy has poison in it?
26. Shepherd’s pie originated from which country?
Answer: United Kingdom.
27. What do you call the rendered fat from pig abdomen used in cooking?
28. Paisley fabric pattern is inspired by the shape of which fruit?
29. What type of food is Gnocchi?
Answer: Italian pasta.
30. What percent of cucumber is water?
31. Processed cheese originated from which country?
32. Bird’s nest soup is a delicacy in which cuisine?
33. German chocolate cake originated from which country?
Answer: United States.
34. Tangerine and Clementine are hybrids of which fruit?
Answer: Mandarin orange.
35. The burning sensation after eating pepper is due to which chemical?
Answer: Capsaicin in chilli peppers and peperine in black pepper.
36. What type of turnover is filled with pizza ingredients?
37. What is the world’s largest ice cream company?
38. What is the British term for potato chips?
Fun Food Trivia Questions
These fun good trivia questions and answers include some fun facts about food which will make you amazed. Read and ask them to increase your knowledge.
1. What vegetable is also called a ‘courgetti’?
2. What shape is the pasta called ‘chiocciole’?
3. What term is used slow cooking meats like duck or pork to slow cook any fat out of them?
4. Which dish from Spain traditionally includes saffron rice, seafood, chicken, chorizo and peas?
5. Which country did brie cheese originate from?
6. What is the name of the first book by chef Anthony Bourdain?
Answer: ‘Kitchen Confidential’.
7. What manufacturer introduced Pringles potato chips in 1969?
Answer: Proctor and Gamble.
8. What is the most commonly used oil in Chinese cooking?
Answer: Peanut oil.
9. What is the biggest supermarket chain in the US?
Answer: Kroger Co.
10. What ingredient makes bread rise?
11. Shell steak also goes by what name?
Answer: Kansas City Strip.
12. What year did the first Taco Bell open?
13. The ‘Iron Chef America’ TV shows were based on the ‘Iron Chef’ show that originated in which country?
14. Who invented Jell-O?
Answer: Pearle Wait.
15. What is meant by the term ‘al dente’ in Italian cooking?
Answer: It means “to the tooth”, it describes the perfect texture of cooked pasta.
16. What fast food restaurant sells the Big Mac?
17. An enchilada is from which cuisine?
18. Which Mexican food has a name meaning “little donkey”?
19. Which is the most expensive pizza in the world?
Answer: It costs a whopping $12.000! It takes 72 hours to make and is topped with three types of caviar, buffalo mozzarella, Norweigan lobster, and Australian pink salt.
20. What was the first vegetable ever planted in space?
21. Which hotel was the Singapore Sling originally invented?
Answer: Raffles Hotel.
21. Although considered as nuts, these are actually seeds. What is it?
22. Which country has the lowest meat consumption in the world?
23. Which country consumes the most coffee per person?
Answer: The Netherlands. An average person here consumes about 2.5 cups of coffee each day.
24. Which fruit resembles 60% of human DNA?
25. Which food never rots and doesn’t require preservatives to keep fresh?
26. Which cheese is made from the milk of buffalo?
Answer: Mozzarella Cheese.
27. Although never rationed during the war itself, this food was rationed during the post-war World War 2. What is it?
28. Some people are afraid of cooking. What is this fear called?
29. Which food contains the most calories per gram?
30. Flour cooked with fat is known to make what?
Answer: A roux.
31. Scurvy is caused by a lack of this vitamin.
Answer: Vitamin C.
32. Who is known as the inventor of frozen foods?
Answer: Clarence Birdseye.
33. I am fruit. I come from a tropical plant. I am ripe when my mind is yellow.
34. I am a fruit that comes from a very tall tree. I have a very hard outer shell. Inside I am white with water.
Fast Food Trivia Questions
Though it is an unhealthy food, fast food has become a large part of our lives. Many foodies love fast food so these fast food trivia questions and answers are best to test them.
1. What iconic meal did McDonald’s introduce in 1968?
Answer: Big Mac.
2. How many herbs and spices are in Colonel Harland Sanders’ original KFC recipe?
3. What popular Mexican fast-food chain was purchased by Denny’s restaurants in 1983?
Answer: El Pollo Loco.
4. What was the name of Subway’s previous spokesman who apparently lost 245 lbs. eating only Subway products?
Answer: Jared Fogle.
5. In 1997, Taco Bell launched an advertising campaign that grew to be wildly popular. What animal was the star of this campaign?
Answer: A talking Chihuahua.
6. Which fast food restaurant still boards the slogan “Have it your way”?
Answer: Burger King.
7. Which fast-food franchise is credited with creating the very first, modern drive-thru window?
8. When was In-N-Out Burger founded?
9. Where was Pizza Hut’s first restaurant built?
Answer: Wichita, Kansas.
10. What were chicken nuggets called when they were first invented?
Answer: Chicken Crispies.
11. Which fast-food chain has the famous slogan, “Eat fresh!”
12. Which famous takeout container was invented by Frederick Weeks Wilcox in 1894?
Answer: Chinese Takeout Box.
13. Which subs shop is famous for their toasted sub sandwiches?
14. Which fast-food chain is known to “have the meats”?
15. Ignacio Anaya invented which popular fast food meal during WWII?
16. July 13th is dedicated to which fast food in the U.S.A.?
Answer: French Fries.
17. What was the first fast-food chain in China?
18. Which fast-food chain has the most locations in the world?
19. The signature burger of this fast-food chain is marked by a “Famous Star”.
Answer: Carl’s Jr.
21. How many spots are on the Dominoe’s pizza logo?
22. Which breakfast chain is known for its “Grand-Slam Meal”?
23. In May 2009, demand at which fast-food restaurant increased due to free coupons placed by Oprah Winfrey on her website?
24. What is Dunkin’ Donuts’ slogan?
Answer: America runs on Dunkin’.
25. How many ice cream flavors does Baskin-Robins have?
26. Which ice cream treat is Dairy Queen famous for?
27. Which fast-food chain got its start in a Shell gas station?
28. Coca-Cola was first sold in which state?
29. What is the oldest soft drink in America?
Answer: Dr. Pepper.
30. During prohibition, which soft drink was developed as an alternative to alcohol?
Answer: IBC Root Beer.
31. Which fruit is used to flavor the liqueur, Southern Comfort?
32. Which soft drink was originally invented as a mixer for whiskey?
Answer: Mountain Dew.
33. Which U.S. state is the only state to grow coffee beans?
34. A “screwdriver” drink consists of what?
Answer: Orange juice and vodka.
35. Which animal is commonly associated with Budweiser beer?
Answer: Clydesdale horses.
36. Which popular cherry-flavored soda was created over 100 years ago?
37. What do peach schnapps and orange juice make?
Answer: Fuzzy Navel.
38. Which popular cocktail is known to be served in a copper mug?
Answer: Moscow Mule.
39. What is Maxwell Coffee named after?
Answer: The Maxwell Hotel.
40. Which spirit is known to be made from fermented rice?
41. When was cocaine removed from the famous soft drink, Coca-Cola?
42. What popular drink advertises as being “sports fuel”?
43. What’s the largest selling vodka brand in the world?
44. What are the ingredients in a kamikaze cocktail?
Answer: Vodka, triple sec, and lime juice.
45. Jack Daniels whiskey is made in which U.S. state?
46. Where did Pizza Hut set up its first outlet?
Answer: Founded by two students, Dan and Frank in 1958, Pizza Hut set up its first outlet in Wichita, Kansas.
47. Which McDonald’s outlet is the busiest?
Answer: The one in Pushkin Square, Moscow, Russia. It allegedly serves a whopping 40,000 customers on a daily basis.
48. According to Men’s Health Magazine, which is the most unhealthy burger in the world?
Answer: The Double Six dollar burger from Carl’s Jr.
49. Where can you have the famous “Grand Slam” meal?
Answer: At Denny’s.
Healthy Food Trivia Questions
Healthy food quiz questions and answers are listed below for both adults and children. These questions contain some amazing facts about healthy food and will play their role in creating love for healthy food among people.
1. The South American vegetable, cassava, is also known as what?
2. What healthy fat containing food is used as the base of guacamole?
3. Potatoes, turnips, and carrots are all considered what types of vegetables?
Answer: Root vegetables.
4. What is the weight of the world’s largest carrot?
Answer: 10 lbs.
5. Approximately, how many seeds are in a strawberry?
6. Which fruit contains more vitamin C, kiwi or oranges?
7. Peaches that have smooth and shiny skin are known as what?
8. The small, edible pieces of a pomegranate are known as what?
9. How many avocado varieties exist?
10. Which pepper is currently known to be the hottest in the world? (2021)
Answer: The Carolina Reaper.
11. To Italians, which vegetable is known as the “crazy apple”?
12. Which kind of fruit does an Arthur Turner plant produce?
13. Broccoli originated on which continent?
14. A cucumber contains what percentage of water?
15. What is the segment inside an orange called?
16. Which country grew the first strawberries?
17. What type of fruit is a ‘pink lady’?
Answer: An apple.
18. Starfruit is also known by which name?
19. Sauerkraut is composed of which vegetable?
20. What is known as the “world’s smelliest fruit”?
21. Avocados are also known as what?
Answer: Alligator pears.
22. What is considered to be the oldest vegetable?
23. How many segments are inside most oranges?
24. Prunes are made from what?
Answer: Dried plums.
25. What nutrient do you get from the meat, poultry, eggs, and fish?
26. What are cruciferous vegetables?
Answer: Vegetables in the cabbage family such as cabbage, bok choy, and cauliflower.
27. What element, whose symbol is Ca, is needed to keep bones healthy and strong?
28. What is the most important meal of the day?
29. How do you know if juice is made from real fruit?
Answer: The label says 100 percent fruit juice.
30. How much of your plate should you fill with fruits and veggies?
31. What red food is actually a fruit and not a veggie?
32. What is the only fruit to have seeds on the outside?
33. What is the grain-like food grown principally in the Andes Mountains that is high in protein and is a great source of B vitamins and fiber?
34. What bean that originated in East Asia is used for miso, oil, and tofu?
35. What are lactobacillus, acidophilus, and bifidobacterium?
36. What is the abnormal enlargement of the thyroid gland due to deficiency of iodine called?
37. What yellow seasoning may help with mood stabilization, wound healing, and balancing blood sugar?
38. What is the name for probiotic rich fermented milk?
39. What spice, frequently used in Hungarian, Indian, and Moroccan food, provides vitamin A and can prevent spider veins and inhibit hair loss?
40. What is the common name for Allium sativum?
41. Which fruit contains an enzyme that aids digestion and also helps tenderize meat?
42. Deer meat is known by what name?
Unusual Food Trivia Questions
These unusual food quiz questions will leave you dumbfounded. They are tricky and unique questions that you must try to solve with your friends or family. Read them and find out how much you know about the world of food.
1. Are humans omnivore, herbivore, or carnivore?
2. Which fruit turns the flavour of sour foods sweet?
Answer: Miracle berry.
3. What colour are Chinese 1000-year-old eggs?
4. Which two venomous animals are added to wine in Vietnam?
Answer: Snake and Scorpion.
5. What is Kopi Luwak, the most expensive coffee in the world, also known as?
Answer: cat poop coffee.
6. Which processed meat is popular in Hawaii?
7. What is the name of the stick-shaped boiled sugar sold at British seasides?
8. Which tinned fish is so smelly it is illegal to open in public in Sweden?
9. Which two cuisines inspired New Orleans yakamein?
Answer: Chinese and Creole.
10. Who is the only person allowed to eat swan in the UK?
Answer: The Queen.
11. Which animal is used for transport, milk and meat in the Middle East?
12. In Spain how many grapes must you eat on New Year’s Eve for good luck?
13. In 2013 which mislabeled meat caused a scandal in UK supermarkets?
14. In Arkansas what are ‘buffalo ribs’?
Answer: Fried fish.
15. Which part of a shark is used in the popular Chinese soup?
Answer: Shark fin.
16. What is the main ingredient in most wasabi products?
17. Which South Asian fruit is known for having a sweet taste and rotten smell?
Answer: Durian fruit.
18. What is the name of a castrated cockerel?
19. Which Australian fruit produces ‘citrus caviar’?
Answer: Finger lime.
20. What flavour is snake fruit?
21. What is the name of the cookie which contains a message predicting your future?
Answer: Fortune cookie.
Answer: White fish.
23. Which eight-legged creature is eaten deep fried in Cambodia?
24. Which cheese is used to make Sardinian casu martzu, also known as maggot cheese?
25. What are American deep fried ‘Rocky Mountain Oysters’ made from?
Answer: Deep fried bulls testicles.
26. Which reptile is known as ‘chicken of the trees’ in South America?
27. Why were tapeworms purposely eaten in the 1900s?
Answer: Weight loss.
28. Which ancient civilisation used chocolate as currency?
29. Which corned meat was sold as ‘whacon’ in the UK during World War II?
30. In medieval times what was the electric daisy flower used to treat?
31. Which animal was eaten by the crew of Darwin’s ship on the voyage back from the Galapagos?
Answer: Galapagos tortoise.
32. Where was Marmite invented?
33. Which prickly spined animal was roasted in the Medieval Ages?
34. What is the name of the prized substance produced by the digestive system of a sperm whale?
35. Which part of a calf was used instead of turtle to create mock turtle soup?
Answer: Calf’s head.
36. Which layered pasta dish did Colgate attempt to launch as a frozen ready-meal?
37. Which civilization ate stuffed dormouse as a delicacy?
38. What is the one ingredient in ‘Britain’s Cheapest Meal’, the toast sandwich?
39. Which expensive shellfish used to be considered peasant food?
40. What are the three birds stuffed inside one another to become a turducken?
Answer: A chicken inside a duck inside a turkey
41. What is the name of the first president of the United States, who also loved mushroom ketchup?
Answer: George Washington.
Difficult Food Trivia Questions for Adults
These are some hard food quiz questions which will leave you amazed. These are food trivia questions for adults so ask them to your adults who claim to know a lot about food.
1. What do you make by whipping egg whites?
2. What is the most common food allergen?
3. Peanut butter was turned into which mineral by scientists?
4. Where and when was the first chocolate chip cookie invented?
Answer: Massachusetts, 1930.
5. Which President brought mac and cheese to America?
Answer: Thomas Jefferson.
6. What is the best selling flavor of soup in the UK?
7. In which country was ice-cream invented?
8. What is the most popular food in the world?
9. What is a person with a particular interest in food called?
Answer: A foodie.
10. What beans are used to make baked beans?
Answer: Haricot beans.
11. Which country does the dish ‘Nasi Goreng’ come from?
12. What is an example of a leavening agent?
13. La Tomatina festival, in which participants indulge in tomato fight, is held in which country?
14. Which is the most popular ice cream flavor globally?
15. Which is the main ingredient in the French delicacy caviar?
Answer: Roe (unfertilized fish eggs).
16. Which vegetable contains more protein per calorie than steak?
17. ‘Love Apple’ is another name for?
18. Which country is the largest producer of olives in the world?
19. What is the term for a firm but tender pasta?
20. Granny Smith is a variety of which fruit?
20. Which brown confection is prepared by heating sugar?
21. Shortbread is a traditional biscuit of which country?
22. Which nut is traditionally used to make French macarons?
23. Nectarine is a variety of which fruit?
24. What is the name for the green cooking banana?
25. What is another name for Chinese gooseberry?
26. What kind of fruit is Eureka?
27. What do you call the fruit of a coffee plant?
28. What is the name of the world’s hottest chili pepper?
Answer: Carolina Reaper.
29. What is the name of America’s first fast-food chain?
Answer: White Castle.
30. Feta, Gouda, and Cheddar are the types of which dairy product?
31. Which is the world’s most commonly used artificial sweetener?
32. The famous American food “Hamburger” derives its name from which German city?
33. What is the most popular soup flavor in the UK?
34. For good luck, the Christmas cake pudding mixture is supposed to be stirred in which direction?
35. The Middle Eastern dish hummus is made from which key ingredient?
World Food Trivia Questions
Do you know about Asian, Chinese, and American food? Test your knowledge with these world food quiz questions. I bet you will be amazed after reading these world food trivia questions and answers.
1. In cookery what kind of food is served farci?
Answer: It’s stuffed.
2. What is Gohan?
Answer: Japanese Rice.
3. In a formal Japanese meal, what is always served early?
Answer: Sashimi – raw fish.
4. In Chinese cookery, what is the most commonly used oil?
Answer: Groundnut or Peanut.
5. What is the triangular shaped Indian pastry containing spiced meat?
6. Which small animal provides 50% of all the protein eaten in Peru?
Answer: Guinea Pigs.
7. What type of food is coulibac?
Answer: Russian Fish Pie.
8. If you ordered Tori Udon in a Japanese restaurant, what is Tori Udon?
Answer: Thick Noodles with Chicken broth.
9. In Scotland, what is a spurtle?
Answer: A spoon.
10. If you ordered unagi in a Japanese restaurant, what would you get?
11. What Lop cheong are Chinese what?
12. The French call it pomplamouse, what do we call it?
13. Miso a basic ingredient in Japanese cooking is made of what?
Answer: Soybean paste.
14. What is the staple food of one third of the world’s population?
15. What is the important ingredient in Chinese birds nest soup?
Answer: Bird Saliva.
16. If you were eating fragrant meat in Hong Kong, what kind of meat would you be eating?
Answer: Dog meat.
17. What kind of Italian stew translates as “Bone with a Hole”?
Answer: Osso Bucco.
18. What tool means that most meals are served in bite-sized portions?
19. Japanese Soya noodles are made from what?
20. Which region uses the most chillies when cooking?
Answer: Sichuan region.
21. The milk of what animal is used for Mozzarella?
22. What two types of meat are used in traditional Italian meatballs?
Answer: Beef and pork.
23. What is the Italian name for bow-tie pasta?
24. What is the name of the pasta sauce made up of cream, eggs, and bacon?
25. What are the two core ingredients of fresh pasta?
Answer: Eggs and Flour.
26. What is the name of the traditional Italian flatbread, topped with sauce and cheese?
27. The three Italian hard cheeses are: Parmigianino regianno, pecorino romano, and what other cheese?
28. What is the Italian name for the pasta which is shaped into long, thin cylinders?
29. What are the three ingredients in a traditional béchamel sauce?
Answer: Butter, Flour, and Milk.
30. The main meal of a Spanish day is eaten at what time?
31. What is the name of the most famous Spanish rice dish?
32. What is a Spanish tortilla?
Answer: A potato omelette.
33. Spanish desserts are often creamy, and flavoured with what spice?
34. What phrase is typically said before a meal?
Answer: Bon appetite.
35. The legs of what animal are a popular food?
Answer: Frog’s legs.
36. What are les escargots?
37. What is the most popular French bread?
Answer: A baguette.
38. What is the name of the famous curved pastries from France?
39. Where in China are noodles preferred over rice?
Answer: The north.
40. What beans are tofu made from?
Answer: Soy beans.
41. What is seitan made up of?
Drink and Food Trivia Questions
Suppose you are in a restaurant with your friends or family. Food will take some time. To kill boredom, start these food and drink trivia questions. These food and drink quiz questions and answers will make the atmosphere full of energy and excitement.
1. Are Jaffa Cakes legally a cake or a biscuit?
Answer: In 1991, a court ruled that Jaffa Cakes were a cake and not a biscuit (which meant that a lower rate of VAT applied to them).
2. Which MasterChef presenter was formerly a green grocer?
Answer: Gregg Wallace.
3. Which three sauces make up Prawn Cocktail Sauce?
Answer: Mayonnaise, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
4. If you are diagnosed with Coeliac disease, which protein are you unable to eat?
5. In a Thanksgiving episode of Friends, which unconventional ingredient does Rachel include in her “traditional English trifle”?
Answer: Beef (sautéed with peas and onions).
6. What is James Bond’s favourite tipple?
Answer: Vodka Martini – shaken not stirred.
7. What is the most consumed manufactured drink in the world?
8. What type of pasta has a name meaning “little worms”?
9. What type of pastry are profiteroles made out of?
10. From which type of flower does a vanilla pod come?
11. In cooking, what does “etoufee” mean?
12. Which bakery launched a sell-out vegan sausage roll in January 2019?
13. What type of food is Pumpernickel?
14. Calamari is a dish made from which animal?
15. Which foul-mouthed chef hosted the Kitchen Nightmares series?
Answer: Gordon Ramsay.
16. “Better Ingredients, Better Pizza” has been used as an ad slogan by which company?
Answer: Papa John’s.
17. Aduki, borlotti and cannellini are types of what?
18. What spirit is mixed with ginger beer in a Moscow mule?
19. What year did the first McDonald’s store open?
20. What are the real names of the Hairy Bikers?
Answer: Dave Myers and Si King.
21. Which pungent plant has its own festival held on the Isle of Wight every year?
22. How many calories does a glass of water contain?
23. Who is replacing Sandi Toksvig as host of The Great British Bake Off for the 2020 series?
Answer: Matt Lucas.
24. Grenadine is obtained from which fruit?
25. Gluten is found in which cereal grain?
26. What French city does bouillabaisse originate from?
27. What type of wheat is used to make pasta?
28. What is pico de gallo?
Answer: A savory mixture of chopped up tomato, onion, cilantro, peppers, and spices
29. What is carne adobada?
Answer: Pork with red chiles.
30. What is rebocado?
Answer: Pork neck and purslane stew.
31. What is Calabaza en Dulce?
Answer: A yellow squash or a pumpkin cooked with brown sugar and cinnamon.
32. What is the most used ingredient in traditional Mexican food?
Answer: Chili pepper.
33. What are the two top selling spices in the world?
Answer: Pepper is the top seller; mustard is second.
34. Under U.S. government regulations, what percentage of peanut butter has to be peanuts?
Answer: 90 percent.
35. Under federal food labeling regulations, how much caffeine must be removed from coffee for it to be called decaffeinated?
Answer: 97 percent.
36. Are yams and sweet potatoes the same?
37. What candy bar consists of nougat, caramel, and peanuts wrapped in chocolate?
In every part of our life, food is a must for us. This thing is similar in every human being’s life. So, food trivia questions are the best way to engage with other people.
If you want to befriend a person or want to make your conversation interesting, you can try food and drink quiz questions.
These food trivia questions can be asked to anyone in any situation. You can use them to make your family and friends get together interestingly. They are not only best to ask food lovers but also to other people to assess their interest in food.
So, if your friend claims to be a real food lover, ask food quiz questions to test. If your uncle claims to be a grill king, knock his claim off with these questions. If your mother thinks she is a great chef, bewildered her with these questions.
Ask them in your next meet up and have some fun moments with your loved ones!