You’ve found the best site to hunt for hypothetical questions! Conversational skills are evolving. We occasionally fail to “connect” with others around us because we are so engaged in our screens. It’s time to make a shift.
It’s wonderful to take a seat occasionally, relax, and just chat. But if you only make small conversation, chit-chatting can become boring very soon. Fortunately, asking a few hypothetical questions can easily transform a dull conversation into an engaging one.
You can also pose hypothetical questions to learn more about someone. In reality, asking the proper questions can start a lively discussion in which you can discover intriguing things about the perspectives of others.
In light of that, this post will discuss some of the best hypothetical questions you may make.
What Are Hypothetical Questions?
The questions based on hypothetical situations are called hypothetical questions. They are used to explore possibilities, stimulate original thought, or learn more about another person.
As its title indicates, it is predicated on a hypothesis, however it may appear unrealistic. When used as a conversation starter in a less formal situation, the aim is typically to get to know one another better or pass the time cheerfully.
The best hypothetical questions below can be some of the best conversation starters. Pose a hypothetical question to your friends and you’re sure to get some thought-provoking responses. Enjoying each other’s company while allowing others to learn more about how your mind functions is the main objective here.
1. If Jedi were real, but you had to give up all your possessions and never have a romantic relationship, would you still become a Jedi?
2. If you had a handful of modeling clay and whatever you made would become real until you willed it back into clay, what would you use it for / make?
3. What would you do with a real bag of holding?
4. If you could control one aspect of your body that usually is autoregulated (i.e., body temperature, digestion, heart rate, etc.), what system would you control?
5. What would you do if you were suddenly given world-class hacking knowledge and ability?
6. If you were a 90’s cartoon evil villain, where would your base be and what would it look like / have inside? What would your henchmen / henchwomen wear as uniforms?
7. If you could know when and how someone would die just by shaking their hands but couldn’t change their fate, how would you use that power?
8. If you had a pen with magical ink inside, what would happen when you wrote something?
9. If you could harmoniously unite two countries into one, what two countries would you choose?
10. If you were the king of an ancient civilization, what would you want your tomb to look like?
11. Would you rather be a hidden dragon or a crouching tiger?
12. If you had to prove you were human and not an AI in 5 minutes via a text conversation, how would you do it?
13. If you could go back and undo one thing you did, what would you undo?
14. If you were able to throw a party and money wasn’t an issue, what kind of party would you throw?
15. What advice would you give your parents if you could go back in time and give your parents advice before you were born?
16. If you could travel back in time and bring your first true love back to live in the present with you, would you?
17. If you could go back and uninvent something, what invention would you erase from history?
18. If you had an endless supply of LEGOs but couldn’t sell them, what would you build?
19. If your salary was doubled, what would you do with the extra income?
20. Would you rather be completely nude for the rest of your life or wear only underwear?
21. How would the world change if mammals (including humans) laid eggs instead of giving birth?
22. What would you choose if you could stop one bad thing from happening in your past?
23. If you were tasked with making school more fun, but it still had to be effective at teaching students, what would you change?
24. If you could put a new word in the dictionary, what would it be and what would be the definition?
25. According to a fortune-teller who’s never been wrong, something big is about to happen that will change your life. Do you want to know what it is?
26. Would you rather live a short life full of adventures or a long life without any?
27. If your partner could read your mind, would they still want to be with you?
28. If you could live in good health to be over 100, but lose the ability to ever tell a lie, would you want to live longer?
29. If aliens took over and humans were put into zoos, what would you want in your zoo enclosure?
30. What would it be like if you owned a restaurant or a food truck business?
31. If you were in a dystopian world, would you want to escape it or try to change it for the better?
32. If you could merge two games together and make a new one, what games would you choose and what would be the result?
33. If hide and seek were a major sport in the Olympics, what would it be like?
34. If you could commit one crime in your life without being caught, would you? Which crime and why?
35. Could you ever kill an animal who was suffering? Or would you just get help?
36. Would you eat something disgusting, like bugs, if you were paid a million dollars?
37. If you could travel back in time and spend one day with someone you lost, who would you spend that day with and why?
38. If you could travel back in time to experience any war, with the guarantee of never getting hurt, would you? Which war?
39. If you could change what people say after someone sneezes, what would be the funniest thing for people to say?
40. What would be the cutest non-conventional military unit that would still function as an effective fighting unit?
41. If you could increase and decrease any characteristic about yourself in the same amount, what characteristics or traits would you choose?3
42. Would you choose to become more knowledgeable if it meant you were largely unhappier?
43. Would you rather be incredibly clever and sociable or subdued and intelligent?
44. If your hands were frozen in one position or gesture, what position would want them stuck in?
45. After death, would you choose to go where death takes you or wander the earth forever without interacting with anything?
Random Hypothetical Questions
Whether they are serious or funny, hypothetical questions are a terrific way to start a conversation. They promote an open atmosphere where individuals can express their innermost thoughts and sentiments. When you next want to engage in genuine discussion, try using these hypothetical questions examples.
1. What would I hear if I asked a group of people who know you for five adjectives to describe you?
2. If you could, what strange thing would you make acceptable in society?
3. If you were perpetually surrounded by one aroma (besides your natural smell) which you and everyone around you could smell, what would it be?
4. If you were head of product development at a major fast-food chain, what food abomination would you create?
5. If everyone were incapable of lying, how would the world be different?
6. If you could replace any word in common usage with another word and no one would know, which word would you choose?
7. If you could go back and hands down win any argument you’ve had with anyone, what argument would you choose to win?
8. If you could go back to college for free, would you change your major? What would you pick?
9. If you worked in the entertainment industry and had a pseudonym, what would your alias be?
10. What futuristic thing from a sci-fi movie or book do you really wish existed right now?
11. If you could tell your romantic partner one negative thing about them without hurting their feelings, would you?
12. If you could start a secret society, what would be its mission and who would be the members?
13. If you were obscenely wealthy, what weird eccentricities would you indulge in?
14. If your dog or cat suddenly spoke one sentence and then never spoke again, what would be the most unsettling sentence they could say?
15. Which place on the planet would you never want to live, and why?
16. How would the world change if there was no internal monologue and everything you thought, you spoke out loud?
17. What movie worthy heist would you pull if you knew, in the end, you would get away with it?
18. If you had to give up all technology (smartphones, tablets, fitness trackers, computer, tv, iPod, etc…) or alcohol for the rest of your life, which one could you live without?
19. If you could own any car in the world, which year, make and model would you choose?
20. What would be the first few things you would try if you found out you were completely impervious to physical harm?
21. If you could choose a nickname and have people call you it with complete seriousness no matter how ridiculous, what nickname would you want?
22. If you sent out one last text message to everyone in the world, what would it say?
23. If you could make one thing that is legal and make it illegal, and vice versa, how would that change the laws?
24. What is the worst thing that you’ve ever done? The best? What do your friends think of them?
25. How would you handle a situation at work where you were asked to execute a task that went against your morals?
26. Would you rather live for another 80 years and never leave your house, or live for another 10 years and be free to go wherever you want?
27. If you had to pick a historical era to live in, which one would it be and why?
28. If you could designate a new holiday, what holiday would you create and what month would it appear on the calendar?
29. What rule would you impose if you were the world’s king or queen?
30. If you could choose anyone in the world to become friends with, who would you choose?
31. What laws would you abolish if you could? What laws would you create?
32. If you had the power to turn an unhealthy food or drink into healthy, which one would you pick and why?
33. If you could make any animal or monster from any video game or movie as your loyal pet forever, which would you choose?
34. If you could body swap with any person for 24 hours, who would you choose?
35. What shape would you want your house to be if it could be any shape and still function?
36. If you could be any fictional character, who would it be and why? (Example: Frodo Baggins because he had to go on a long journey to keep his people safe.)
37. What would your first reaction be if I told you that you had failed?
38. If you could redesign humanity, what parts would you change?
39. Will you be able to give up 30 years of your life in exchange for allowing a stranger to die?
40. If you were the next pied piper, what animal would you want to be able to compel to follow you?
41. If someone created a bar or cafe with just your tastes in mind, what would it look like?
42. Would you take something that removes your body’s need for sleep if it was given to you?
43. If you could change the smell of one food, which would it be?
44. If you were granted an interview with any celebrity in the world, who would you pick? What is the first question you would ask them?
45. If you could get a full eight hours of sleep and yet still finish simple tasks while sleeping, what would you want to get done?
46. Would you take a weekend job for 20k a year to be a human scarecrow and chase birds from fields?
47. If you were a fashion icon and whatever you wore would become a fashion trend, what fashion trends would you start?
48. Would you rather have to say anything that comes to mind all the time or never have to say anything at all?
Funny Hypothetical Questions
Not every hypothetical question is depressing and awful, so don’t panic. Numerous entertaining ones are also present. Let’s go on to the exciting part now. Here are some lighthearted and funny hypothetical questions to consider.
1. Would you rather be dumb or ugly?
2. If you could be invisible but fart loudly every few minutes, how would you use that?
3. You just became a ghost. What’s the first thing you do?
4. If you were assigned to pick a spot on Earth where an atomic bomb would be dropped. Where would it be and why? 4
5. If time machines existed, what would be the first thing you would do?
6. If you were a superhero, which of your friends would be your sidekick, and what powers (or skillsets) would each of you have?
7. Would You Rather Be Bald or Have a Huge Mullet for The Rest of Your Life?
8. If Jurassic Park was a real place, would you want to visit?
9. If You Were a Transformer, What Vehicle Would You Turn Into?
10. If you were a famous superhero, what would be worse: being stuck with a terrible superhero name or having to dodge lovesick fans at every rescue scene?
11. If you could design a prison planet for crooked politicians, what would it look like?
12. If you were a dictator of a small country, what crazy dictator things would you do?
13. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what food would it be?
14. If you were required by law to get a full-body tattoo, what would it look like?
15. If you had to make your own clothes without a sewing machine, would you stitch something together by hand or wear a toga made of curtains or bedsheets?
16. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with a stranger who has extreme farting issues?
17. If you were a farmer, and you learned the animals were plotting against you, how would you gain their trust? Which animals would you appeal to first?
18. If you could choose one person from history to be your imaginary friend, who would you pick and why?
19. If you had to be haunted for the rest of your life but you could choose the ghost that would haunt you, who would it be?
20. If you could only view one website for the rest of your life, what would it be? Why?
21. If you had to marry any fictional character, who would you choose, and why?
22. What hybrid animal would make the perfect pet, and why?
23. One night you’re 6-year-old child comes up to you and asks how babies are made? What do you say?
24. If you could replace the president with any historical character, whom would you pick?
25. If you could make someone else invisible for a week, whom would you pick? Why?
26. Why do our feet smell and our noses run?
27. If you could rename one thing, what would you rename it?
28. If you could make any animal the size of a chihuahua, what animal would you pick?
29. What would you do if you bumped into Harry Styles on the street?
30. If you were a character in any book, who would it be and why?
31. What two animals would you like to switch the sounds they make?
32. If only one book existed, which book would you like it to be?
33. If you had a clone of yourself, what would you want it to do?
34. If you were a fruit, what fruit would you be and why?
35. If you could call your fifty-year-old-self and have a twenty-minute conversation, what would you talk about?
36. You wake up as a performer for a medieval king’s court. What do you do to entertain him?
37. If you were an animal, which animal would you be?
38. If you could exchange the sounds your body makes for other sounds, what would you replace burping sounds with?
39. If you had to wear a mask for the rest of your life, what kind would you wear?
40. If you were an animated character, which would you be and why?
Weird Hypothetical Questions
The hypothetical questions we present in this part are truly weird. Some could appear to be unanswerable, and that is what makes them strange. On some other, you can just cover your eyes in confusion and try to come up with a solution that sounds reasonable. There is no doubt that these weird hypothetical questions will be enjoyable.
1. Would you like to become the opposite s#x? Why or why not?
2. If you were a zombie, what famous person’s body would you want to take over?
3. If you found out you were actually a lab-created human-alien hybrid, what special abilities would you want to have?
4. What weird thing would you normalize if you could?
5. Is it possible to cry underwater?
6. If your favorite food in the world suddenly smelled like farts, but tasted the same, would you still eat it?
7. If everyone associated you with a particular scent, what would you want that to be?
8. If you were suddenly homeless and broke but you could make yourself invisible, what would you do first?
9. If you were abducted by aliens, would you tell anybody? Why or why not?
10. You can transport one furious elephant into any point in history, where would you put it? If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
11. If someone offered a pill that would make you a super genius but would remove all the hair from your body, would you take it?
12. If you were in charge of product development for a major fast-food chain, what abomination would you create for it?
13. If you could live forever on earth as it is now, would you? Why or why not?
14. Why does a round pizza come in a square box, and then is cut into triangles?
15. If someone with multiple personalities tried to kill himself, would it be attempted murder or attempted suicide?
16. If you had to be a monster one night a month, what kind of monster would you want to be?
17. If you were a food, what would you be?
18. If the police break down your door, do they have to pay for the damage?
19. How would you like to die and how old do you want to be when you die?
20. If you were a color, what color would you choose to be and why?
21. If you had to lose two limbs, which two would you rather lose?
22. If you could choose any historical figure to haunt a current world leader, whom would you choose as haunter and haunted?
23. What do people do that makes you really annoyed when you are with them?
24. If you were a dog, what dog breed would you be?
25. What illegal thing would you like to make legal?
26. If you were arrested, who would you call with your one telephone call? Why that person?
27. If human beings were born with an item, which one would be yours?
28. If you were given a chance to go into space, would you go? Why or why not?
29. If you could put wings on any wingless animal, which one would you choose?
30. Would you rather have a tree in your back garden that produces any fruit of your choice or a domesticated dinosaur of your choice?
31. If you were a traffic sign, what would it read?
32. If all of a sudden, all animals could talk, would you still eat meat?
33. Who would you choose to be your lover, a werewolf, a vampire, an alien, or a zombie?
34. If you could pick one robot (or cyborg) from any movie to be your lifelong companion, which one would you pick?
35. If you were given the opportunity to live as long as you want, how long would you want to live?
36. If you could only wear a single item of clothing for the rest of your life, which item would it be?
37. What would you say to scare someone who did not know you?
Interesting Hypothetical Questions
Talk stays alive by posing hypothetical questions in everyday interactions. Not only is it enjoyable, but it also makes it possible to ask more intimate questions without feeling uneasy. Check out this list of some interesting hypothetical questions to choose from.
1. What if humans had eagle vision?
2. Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?
3. If you could be another person for a day, who would you choose to be?
4. Would you rather end all wars or world hunger?
5. Would you rather be incredibly witty and outgoing or quiet and incredibly intelligent or just stay the way you are now?
6. If you could move anywhere and still have a livable wage, where would you like to move?
7. If you had a time machine, what time period would you like to visit and why?
8. If you had to suffer through a massive natural disaster but could choose which disaster to face, which would you choose?
9. If you were to pick one luxury item that you can never sell, what would you pick?
10. If a ghost approached you, how do you think you could react?
11. What if there were no seasons?
12. What if the moon had never formed?
13. Would you rather live in the harry potter world or the twilight world?
14. If you had to be stuck living in a TV show for a month, what show would you pick and why? What character would you be?
15. If it turned out that your entire life was is only a dream, would you want to know?
16. If your house had a theme song, what would it be?
17. If you had to live with it always being nighttime or daytime, which would you choose and why?
18. If you could read minds, would you want to and how would you use the ability?
19. If you could be granted one wish, what would it be?
20. Which would you rather see become an Olympic sport, hide-and-seek, tug-of-war, or tag?
21. If you were elected president of the United States, what would you do your first day in office?
22. If you owned a bar or a coffee shop, what would you name it, and how would you make it different from the competition?
23. If you were really a robot, would you want to know?
24. If you had to live your life experiencing only one season, would you choose – spring, summer, fall, or winter?
25. If you could hear what someone is thinking for a day, which person’s thoughts would you want to hear?
26. If you could have complete knowledge of any five things, what would you want to know?
27. Would you rather know a lot about little or a little about a lot?
28. How would the world change if animals could talk?
29. If you could meet any famous person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
30. If you had to disappear, how would you do so and where would you go?
31. If you could go back in time and change one decision of yours, what would you do?
32. If you could do any job, what would you like to do?
33. You have the power to gain twenty years of extra life by leaving a stranger to die, would you do it?
34. If you were a professional wrestler in the WWE, what would your name and identity be?
35. Would you sacrifice your life to save a stranger?
36. If you became a high school teacher, what subject would you teach?
37. If you could be one age forever, what age would you choose?
38. If you could say one last thing to only one person, what would you say and to whom?
39. Do you think humans would win a war against aliens?
40. If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, which song would you choose?
Hard Hypothetical Questions
Whether they are hard or easy, hypothetical questions are a terrific approach to start a stimulating discussion. These hard hypothetical questions make you think and utilize your imagination, which helps you learn more about the person you are speaking with. Try them out!
1. Would you kill one innocent child to heal the world’s diseases forever?
2. Would you know what to do if you were on vacation and lost your passport?
3. If you could be shot with bullets anywhere and survive, but be left with the holes in your body, would you want that ability?
4. If you had the power to make an unattractive man or woman walk again by having s#x with them, would you do it?
5. What would you say if the world is actually listening?
6. Which part of your body would you eat if you had to eat one part of your body or die a horrific death?
7. What would you do if you were suddenly given high-end hacking know-how and capability?
8. If you knew there was only a purgatory and eternal suffering would be only temporary, would you live your life any differently?
9. What would you do with your superpower if it were to give phobias to people?
10. If your tears could cure cancer in one person, what would you do?
11. If you were an author, would you use your real name or a pseudonym? What would your pen name be?
12. If you had the power to heal, but would hear screams in your head for two hours afterwards, would you?
13. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
14. If you were given the opportunity to have any superpower you desire, with the caveat of not being able to heal any of your family members, would you still want that power?
15. If you could choose between superhero and villain, which would you choose? Do you have more people you want to harm or help?
16. What would you do if you knew you’d go blind in three months? Is there something, in particular, you’d like to see?
17. You have the choice between being immortal and unhappy?
18. What do you think would happen if it was somehow proved there was no god and every religion is pointless?
19. Would you live your life differently if nobody would ever judge you for anything you did?
20. Do you want to live to be 100 and remember nothing, or do you want to die sooner and retain your memories?
21. What would you do if you knew you are going to die next week?
22. What would you ask if you could phone with your future self from the year 2050?
23. If you could hunt down one violent criminal and get away with murdering them, would you?
24. What are unlimited services that you will be willing to avail of even though it might cost you a million dollars?
25. Would you live 100 more years if you could?
26. If you were being held hostage, which form of torture would you be most afraid of?
27. Would you rather spend an eternity in paradise completely alone watching video images of your loved ones, or be reincarnated?
Good Hypothetical Questions
These questions are enjoyable to discuss with companions and are effective ice breakers at gatherings like parties. These are our top picks for conversation starting so to elevate your talks, memorize these good hypothetical questions.
1. Would you rather forget who everyone else is or who you are?
2. If happiness has a flavor, what would it taste like?
3. If you could start this year all over again, what would you do differently?
4. If your life had its own national anthem, what would it be?
5. If your brain was a room, what would it look like inside?
6. Do you think the world would be a better place if all land was connected?
7. If someone told you “Say a movie quote!”, what is the first that comes to your mind?
8. If you could pick a sixth sense to have, which one would it be?
9. If you were a child’s toy, what toy would you be and why?
10. If you had the ability to shapeshift into anything you want, what would be the first thing you would try to become?
11. If adult humans were the “cocoon” phase that butterflies have, what would the final fully mature form of humans look like?
12. How long do you think you’d survive if shipments of food stopped entirely?
13. If you were stuck in a supermarket for a whole night and you’re allowed to consume anything you choose for free, what would you do?
14. If you could instantly learn any skill in the world, what would you choose?
15. If you went deaf, what sound do you think you’d miss most?
16. What would the world be like if babies were born knowing about everything we already know as adults?
17. Everybody has a button which when you press it, it does something. What does your button do?
18. Would you rather have no elbows or no knees? Why?
19. If you could level up one aspect of yourself (beauty, intelligence, confidence), but you had to decrease another aspect to the same degree, what would you do?
20. A distant relative offers you $1 million if you can use up $100K in 1 week. How would you spend the money if you couldn’t spend or donate it all at once?
21. If you had to describe your life in 10 seconds, what would you say?
22. Would you rather know all the languages in the world or know how to play every instrument in the world? Why?
23. If you were not you, who would you want to be?
24. If you could choose between having an amazing chef, a driver, or a masseuse at your service for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?
25. If you could immediately solve any unsolved mysteries in history, what mystery would you choose and why?
26. If you could pick a topic to have an in-depth documentary made, what topic would you pick?
27. If someone offered you an island where you’d have plenty of food for the rest of your life but no human company, would you take it?
28. If you could teleport to any place on Earth, where would you go first?
29. If you were a famous person, how would you handle it?
30. If every person would have a conspiracy theory made about them, what would be yours?
31. If you knew this was your last year on Earth, what would you do?
32. If you could be CEO of a major corporation for a year, which would you choose and what changes would you make?
33. Would you be willing to forego all of your first-world comforts in order to live in a third-world country and be content?
34. What would you say if you had to sum up your life in 15 words or less?
35. If you could go back to any age for a month, what age would you choose?
36. If you could start any business, what business would start, what would it do, and what would it be called?
37. What three items would you take if you were shipwrecked on a desert island?
38. Would you rather become more arrogant or more uneducated?
39. If you could be reborn in any country as any gender or race, what would you choose?
Crazy Hypothetical Questions
It is entertaining to imagine oneself in numerous scenarios. We’ve put together a collection of some crazy hypothetical questions to entertain you and inspire your creativity. Give yourself a little time to think before you respond.
1. If you could become three times bigger or fifty times smaller at will, which do you think you would spend more time as, big you or small you? Why?
2. You’re a mad scientist. Which experiment would you conduct if money and ethics weren’t a factor?
3. If you could bring back one person to life, who would it be?
4. What would you teach your pet if it could speak? Which phrase would you like to see it say?
5. If you were in prison, would you focus on exercising or reading books?
6. How would you react if God sneezes?
7. Which item would you stockpile if you found out they were going to stop selling it?
8. What kind of power would you invent that no superhero has ever used?
9. You have gone missing and now your family and friends realize that you have joined a cult. What kind of cult is it?
10. If you could choose any vehicle to drive around for a couple of hours, which vehicle would you choose?
11. It’s 1500 and you don’t own anything and are without clothes. What do you do to prove you’re from the future?
12. What eccentricities would you indulge in if you were wealthy beyond your wildest dreams?
13. If every time you entered a room, you had entrance music. What song would you pick?
14. What would you rather plunge into, a swimming pool full of piranhas, or a shark-filled pool?
15. Imagine if there were no women in the world for 24 hours. How would you react?
16. What would you change about an embarrassing moment if you could go back in time?
17. Which deceased person would you choose to haunt you?
18. Which pirate name would you choose if you were one?
19. In your opinion, which tree type would you be, and why?
20. If you could have a drink at a fictional bar, where would you choose to go?
21. Can humans defeat aliens?
22. As a vampire, how would you style your hair if you did not have a reflection?
23. Who would you pick if you had to have s#x with a cartoon character?
24. Which animal would be the cutest if it was the size of a hamster?
25. Imagine you are the opposite s#x for a day. How do you spend your time?
Hypothetical Questions for Scenario Game
In this section, we will discuss imaginary situations and behaviors. We have designed several hypothetical situations that one might run into on a daily basis. We also have some hypothetical situation questions for you to consider. It’s important to consider your options and reply these hypothetical scenario questions by imagining what you could do in that specific situation.
1. You are on vacation and everything is stolen including all cash, credit cards, and identification. What would you do?
2. You win a contest in which you can choose to have free, unlimited services of a cook, a chauffeur, or a housecleaner. Which one would you choose and why?
3. Imagine you are the emperor of a small island nation and can only choose five people from history to come and live on your island for three years. Who would they be and why?
4. You can have any type of pet you want, with no limit on size or expense. What type of animal would you choose and why?
5. You’re at Comic-Con with cosplay so realistic, it’s freaking people out. What are people calling you?
6. One day, you’re assigned to a large-scale project that has a direct impact on the company’s performance. What would you do if you were in this situation?
7. You find a book and as you keep reading it, you discover it’s actually about your life. You get to the point where you are right now (reading the book), do you flip the page and keep reading or do you stop? Why?
8. You are offered a pill that increases your intelligence by 50% but also permanently removing your hair, including your brows. Do you dare to take it?
9. You are informed that your house and all your possessions will be destroyed by an upcoming storm. Which three items (not people or pets) will you choose to save?
10. You are in a bank and two people enter and start a hold up. How do you think you would react?
11. You are offered the opportunity to visit any point in history. When would you want to visit and why? If you were offered the opportunity to stay there, would you?
12. A building is on fire, do you save a sibling or four strangers?
13. You are driving alone in your car on a wild, stormy night, as it is raining heavily. Suddenly, you pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for a bus, what would you do?
14. If you were offered millions of dollars to be locked in a room for 40 minutes with a 50/50 chance when you leave the room, you will either be 40 days or 40 years in the future. Would you do it? Why or why not?
15. You will be banished to a desert island and can bring only three things. What will you bring and why?
16. You are stranded on a small island. Do you think you could survive and how would you do so?
17. Every day, 12 new things arrive in your house, all of which begin with a letter you choose. Which letter would you pick?
18. You are offered the choice of taking a vacation anywhere in the world for any length of time or moving anywhere you wish. Which choice would you make and where would you go?
19. If your fiancé suddenly had an accident that turned him/her paraplegic, would you still marry him/her or would you back out?
20. You are offered $50,000 to go without bathing, brushing your teeth, or using any cosmetic or cleansing products. You cannot tell people why you are doing so. Will you accept the offer or pass? Why or why not?
21. Tomorrow, you wake up in the ocean and can breathe water. What sea creature would you be?
22. You are offered the opportunity to know exactly what you would be doing in 20 years from now, however, you cannot change your future at all. Would you want to know? Why or why not?
23. You hit your head on a rock and now you’re only able to say a single phrase to everything for the rest of your life, what phrase would it be?
24. You’re walking through the woods when you come across a black suitcase. It contains a million dollars and a bloodstained piece of paper with the word “don’t” written on it. Will you take the suitcase home with you or leave it?
25. Imagine yourself with this business in five years; what do you want to be different about yourself then than you are now?
26. Imagine you are hiking in the wilderness. You can swim across a mile-wide, ice-cold river in one day, or you can walk for an extra week to cross over the nearest bridge. Which would you choose?
27. You Lost Your Fortune, But You Manage to Get $1000, What Will You Do with It to Work on Creating Wealth Again?
28. If The World Was “Reset” To the Same State It Was 5,000 Years Ago, Do You Think by The Time the Alternate World Got to Our Timepoint?
Hypothetical Questions for Couples
The couples had a lot to talk about, including the weather and other interesting topics. Fortunately, asking a few hypothetical questions can easily transform a dull conversation into an engaging one. Stroll down this list of some fun hypothetical questions for couples that may inspire you.
1. If your spouse gave you a hall pass for 48 hours, how would you use it?
2. What would you do if your partner begged you to get a strange tattoo of their face on your arm?
3. What would you do if your partner had the chance to kiss their favorite singer? Will you give the concert pass to him/her?
4. Imagine you had s#x with your partner’s sibling. How would you handle the situation?
5. What do you prefer: careful planning or the freedom to be spontaneous?
6. Imagine your parents walk in on you while you’re having s#x with your partner. What would you do? How would you tell them?
7. The night before your wedding, you learn your partner is cheating on you. How would you react?
8. Assume that you told your partner you would stay indoors and then crashed into them at a party. How would you react?
9. If you and your partner are on vacation, and their sister surprises you. What would you do?
10. What if your partner gets amnesia? Would you still be with them if they let you go?
11. If you drunk call your ex and he hears the entire conversation, your current partner will certainly hear everything. What do you do about the mess?
12. If you could go back in time, you might be able to meet your partner again. How would you do things differently?
13. You have the power to change anything about your partner. Then, what would it be?
14. Consider the possibility that you and your partner are married. You’re robbed one day, and you lose all your money. Do you still want to be together?
15. Which social media app of your partner would you use if you could access it without them knowing?
16. How would you spend the day if you could trade places with your partner?
17. Imagine you and your partner were stranded on a deserted island together with a single slice of pizza remaining. Would you give it to them or eat it secretly?
18. Who would you permanently remove from your partner’s life if you could and why?
19. What if someone offered you Rs 100 crore? Would you break up with your partner?
20. Will you still be with that partner if he/she were unable to have s#x with you due to some medical condition?
Hypothetical Questions for Friends
Increasing the conversational flow has various advantages, from improving friendships to breaking the ice on a date. You may start a conversation with these hypothetical questions to ask friends very effectively. Check them out!
1. If you joined the circus, what stunts would you like to perform?
2. If you could sell your soul to the devil, what would you sell it for?
3. If you could make a fragrance of your own, what scent would you choose? What name would you give it?
4. Which of the seven dwarves would you be? Are you sleepy, grumpier, happier, sneezy, dopey, bashful, or doggone?
5. Will you exchange your beauty for more lives?
6. If you could make your boss suddenly disappear without any ramifications, would you?
7. If a zombie plague were to happen, will you eat your best friend if you become one?
8. What would you buy your girlfriend as an apology if she were a florist and chocolate did not exist?
9. What would you do if a classmate asked you for the answer to a question during an exam when the teacher was not looking?
10. There you are, out with a bunch of people and the discussion bores you. How would you change it?
11. Do you think jail is necessary for a human being who did wrong to spend his entire life?
12. If you could choose your soulmate before you were born, who would it be?
13. There are three celebrities you can kiss, one to marry, and one to murder. Who are they?
14. If you loved someone, but they didn’t like you back, what would you do?
15. Which one would you rather become, a creature of fantasy or becoming a ghost?
16. Would you dare to give up true love for a million dollars?
17. Would you rather travel for the rest of your years, or never leave your home state again?
18. If you were being given a chance to have a celebrity actor chauffeur, who would it be?
19. If you could film a kissing scene with any actor, who would you pick?
20. Which one would you rather be with if you were the only species left on earth, turtles or snakes?
21. If you choose to become a billionaire or eat without gaining weight, which one would it be?
22. If there was one co-worker you could anonymously vote to have fired and add their salary to your own, would you? If so, who would you choose and why?
23. Suppose you went deaf, what would be the one sound you would miss most?
24. What weapon will you yield in the event of a zombie apocalypse?
25. If you were to wake up one morning suddenly having full knowledge to work in any other profession, which profession would you choose? Why?
26. If you were to attend a job interview, but you were the one interviewing the HR personnel, what will you ask them to get hired?
27. Which scenarios from a movie will you die to experience in the real world?
28. Is there any job you would never do, no matter how much money you were being offered? Which job? Why?
29. If you fart while on a date, will you admit it or throw an alibi?
30. If you had full knowledge of any five things, what would it be?
31. Which would you prefer: a great love relationship that lasts a year or a mediocre relationship that lasts your entire life?
32. If animals had evolved at the same rate as humans (in terms of intelligence), what do you think would be the dominant species on earth today?
33. One last time, if you could only say something to one person, what would it be and to whom?
34. If they were real, can time machines change the present?
35. If you could be the world’s best athlete in a particular sport, which would you choose?
36. If you were given the chance to know the years of your life remaining on earth, will you be willing to know it?
37. If You’re Adopted, What Was Your First Reaction When You Found Out?
Hypothetical Questions for Boyfriend
You’re hosting some friends and are unsure of what to do. Or perhaps you require conversation starters while out on a first date? then stop your search. You can choose from our fantastic variety of hypothetical questions for boyfriend that will spark interesting discussions.
1. If you could stop my face and my body from aging, would you, or would you rather watch me grow old with you?
2. If you had to kill ten innocent people in order to save my life, would you?
3. If your favorite celebrity confessed her love for you, would you dump me to date her?
4. Would you pick me up if I called you late at night?
5. If I was abducted by aliens, how long would you wait for me to come back before you started dating again?
6. If I murdered someone, would you help me cover up the crime?
7. Would you dump me for ten million dollars? Twenty million?
8. If you could look at any type of pornography without repercussions, which type might you fancy?
9. If there was a zombie apocalypse, would you keep me around, even if it meant it would lower your own chances of survival?
10. If you had to choose between only giving oral or only receiving oral for the rest of our relationship, which would you choose?
11. If I had a medical problem that made it impossible for us to have s#x, would you still want to be with me?
12. If I decided that I never wanted to shave any part of my body ever again, would you still sleep with me?
13. If you could live forever, would you, even though I’d die of old age?
14. If you could literally take a bullet for me (in a vital organ, like the heart), would you be able to do it?
15. If your mother forced you to choose between having her in your life and having me in your life, would you choose me or her?
16. If there was an incident that turned me into a hideous monster, would you still want to have s#x with me?
17. If you found out I was secretly a robot that had become sentient and had her own thoughts and feelings, would you continue dating me?
18. If you had a time machine, which moment of our relationship would you want to go back to and relive?
19. If I begged you to get a ridiculous looking tattoo of my face, would you go through with it?
20. If you could go to jail for something that I did, so that I would be able to keep living my life, would you?
21. If I asked you to give up your dog or your cat for me, because I was allergic to them, would you?
22. If I asked you to murder someone for me, would you go through with it?
23. If I had the opportunity to sleep with my favorite singer, would you give me a free pass or would you want me all to yourself?
Hypothetical Questions for Girlfriend
Do you frequently find yourself stuck in dull, boring conversations with your girlfriend? Gentlemen, your justification for not having anything fascinating to say is about to fall apart because we have listed some best hypothetical questions for girlfriend here.
1. If you were turned into your boyfriend for a day, what would you do?
2. If you could give a nickname to your partner for one month. What would it be?
3. If you could never wear sweatpants again, would you rather wear sequins forever?
4. If you were featured on a dating show, how would you ask questions?
5. Would you rather have all our arguments live on Instagram, or use the Internet never again?
6. If you had to choose between marrying someone who never did the dishes the way you liked it or not marrying at all, which would you choose?
7. If you had cheated on your partner and felt terrible about it and knew you wouldn’t do it again, would you confess?
8. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could relive one day in your life? Which one and why?
9. Could we still be together if we had only one day left? What should we do?
10. If you were restrained, would you rather do it or be restrained?
11. If you could choose between flowers every week and diamonds every two years, which would you choose?
12. If you had to choose, would you rather support your partner’s dream of being an influencer, or would you rather your partner be unemployed?
13. If you could read my mind, what would you do? How would you use it? Good or evil?
14. Would you break up with me if you were offered $10 million? Can you accept it? Is there a specific amount you would accept if not?
15. What would you prefer to stay in, a penthouse or private beach?
16. Would you prefer to go back in time so you could know me better or would you prefer to spend more time with me in the future?
17. If we were stranded together on a desert island, what would we do?
18. What would you prefer, being blindfolded or me wearing a blindfold?
Hypothetical Questions for Adults
These interesting hypothetical questions for adults can be useful if you want to get to know your friends better or just for fun. They are a great approach to learn about someone’s beliefs and driving forces. If nothing else, they can be a fun way to pass the time.
1. If you had to choose, would you rather be with a stranger or with your platonic best friend?
2. If you were to have s#x anywhere, would you prefer that it be “in public” or secret?
3. Would you rather give or receive a lap dance?
4. If you were to do a strip tease in front of a magic mirror that could change something about your appearance, what would you change?
5. Would you rather accidentally share nudes with your parents or a stranger?
6. If you were to make out with someone at a funeral or a nightclub, what would you choose?
7. If you sneezed when you orgasmed or sneezed when you orgasmed, which would you prefer?
8. If you had to give up s#x or technology, which would you give up?
Hypothetical Questions for Kids
As a healthy activity, you can use these hypothetical questions for kids to spark conversation with your children during dinner or cuddle time. Alternately, you might ask your children these questions every year and observe how their responses change as they get mature.
1. If you could invite anyone you wanted in the world to a party, who would be the guests?
2. Imagine that you had the option of eating either ice cream or pizza for an entire year. If so, what would it be?
3. If you could have either the ability to fly or disappear, which would you choose?
4. If a superhero or cartoon character could visit you right now, which one would you want it to be and why?
5. If you could choose anyone you wanted to add to the family, who would you want to be a member and why?
6. How would you feel if you got to choose between a shark’s head and a human body?
7. Would you prefer to slide down the slide or jump on the trampoline?
8. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, which one would you choose and why?
9. How would you feel if you slept in a dirty or noisy room?
10. What would be your first choice, to have three eyes or three ears?
11. If you could be either math or musical genius, which would you prefer?
12. If you had to choose between being a superhero or living forever, what would you choose?
13. How about sleeping next to someone who rolls over a lot in their sleep or someone who talks in their sleep?
14. If you could sleep beside either a skunk or a pig, which would you choose?
15. If you woke up invisible tomorrow morning, what would you do?
16. If a roach tasted like your favorite food, would you try it?
17. You suddenly have the ability to make one animal smaller and another larger. Which two would you choose?
18. If you had a special weapon for the monster in your room, what would it be?
19. If you were king or queen anywhere, where would you choose to rule over and why?
20. If you could see either a dinosaur or a dragon, what would you prefer to see?
21. Which would you prefer to spill on your clothing, a drink, or food?
22. If you could decide between staying up late and going to bed early, what would be your preference?
23. If you were to sleep next to someone who snores or farts in their sleep, what would you prefer to be?
24. Which would be more comfortable for you, shorts or trousers?
25. If you could make someone fart whenever you wanted, who would it be?
26. If you had to give up your favorite food to keep your smartphone or tablet, would you?
5 Tips for Choosing Hypothetical Questions
When you have the best questions, like the ones in our article at your disposal, choosing the appropriate hypothetical questions to ask isn’t difficult. With being said, there are a few factors you might take into account while selecting hypothetical questions about life for your trivia event. Do you, for instance, know the questions that your audience is most drawn to? Are the questions straightforward or more difficult? In any case, it’s ideal to include a variety of questions so that everyone who takes part in the trivia feels welcome and has a fun. Here are 5 tips to choose best thought provoking hypothetical questions.
1. Select between serious, funny, or a combination of the two
There is a distinct line between serious and funny in these queries. If you fall anywhere in the middle of that spectrum, then choose your questions accordingly.
2. Always have a fallback strategy
What do you say when your initial attempt to get someone to know doesn’t work? Always have a fallback strategy ready to go for an attempt a few minutes later. After a few trials, you’ll be able to form the right query if you have enough options available.
3. Make them clear and simple
Though the Hypothetical Questions can be somewhat challenging that will force you to think deeply however, try to make them simple and clear by choosing easy words. It will make your answerer able to comprehend them properly and as a result, you will get good well-thought responses.
4. Before posing questions, discuss the responses
The hypothetical questions can be hilarious, but they can also be a little ridiculous. To get the most out of these questions, you’ll need to discuss the answers with your friends in a group setting. That doesn’t imply you should just print them out and use them for your game with your friends and family members.
5. Use them at a number of occasions
The hypothetical questions are excellent conversation starters in the car on the way to school or during family game nights. They can also be entertaining games to play at gatherings, perhaps as ice breakers and other occasions! These questions are suitable for both dates and formal gatherings.
Final Thoughts on Hypothetical Questions
Sometimes crazy, sometimes deep, sometimes humorous. The hypothetical questions can spice up a discussion and bring up unrelated subjects that otherwise would not have been brought up.
With the help of these hypothetical questions, you can unleash your imagination, start a conversation, and perhaps even learn something new about yourself or your friends.
There are now sufficient hypothetical questions to address any scenario. You should have thought, laughed, and felt everything in between. Anybody can utilize hypothetical questions to enliven the conversation, regardless of the situation. You are welcome to jump around and choose the questions that you find the most enjoyable.
We really hope that you will find these good hypothetical questions entertaining. Keep in mind that coming up with your own hypothetical questions and scenarios is both possible and a lot of fun.
The imagined feasible, implausible, and absolutely outrageous events are truly without bounds. Have a fun!