Welcome to our incredible collection of movie trivia questions and answers. Are you planning to flaunt your entertainment knowledge at your upcoming Netflix party or game night? Or maybe you’re looking for the ideal pre-game show for your upcoming Oscars celebration. Whatever happens, we have you covered!
One of the frequent activities you might engage in with friends or family is watching a movie. If you’re in a group, there are various genres of movies you can binge watch, or even better, you can use movie quiz questions to keep everyone on their toes.
There are many different types of movie trivia questions and answers here, from those pertaining to particular movies (like certain Star Wars trivia) to general movie knowledge.
Without looking at the answers, sit back, grab some popcorn, and see how many movie trivia questions you can answer correctly!
Best Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Use these best movie trivia questions and answers to test your knowledge if you consider yourself to be a movie aficionado. Why not host a competition with your friends and family to determine the winner? Have fun by testing your movie knowledge.
1. Which painter reputedly cut off his own ear?
Answer: Van Gogh.
2. In what year was the original “Jurassic Park” film released?
3. What famous character is known for saying, “I’ll be back”?
Answer: The Terminator.
4. Who always made an appearance in Marvel films until his death?
Answer: Stan Lee.
5. Which movie famously featured ‘My Heart Will Go On’ by Celine Dion?
6. What is the highest-grossing holiday movie of all time?
Answer: Home Alone.
7. Which movie is known for this famous quote: “Yo Adrian!”
8. Which actor’s roles include Two and a Half Men and Mystic River?
Answer: Sean Penn.
9. In the movie “Finding Nemo”, who was Marlin’s wife?
10. Which movie franchise character holds ‘family’ as the most important thing in the world?
Answer: Dominic Toretto.
11. What was the first feature-length animated movie ever released?
Answer: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
12. What shocking Wes Craven horror movie carried the marketing tagline, “To avoid fainting, keep repeating, ‘It’s only a movie…'”?
Answer: The Last House on the Left.
13. What is Forrest Gump’s IQ?
14. The films The King’s Speech and The English Patient feature which English actor?
Answer: Colin Firth.
15. In The Matrix, does Neo take the blue pill or the red pill?
16. Which American singer and songwriter has starred in films including Dick Tracy and Evita?
17. Which film involves people entering other people’s dreams?
18. What pop vocal group performs at the wedding in Bridesmaids?
Answer: Wilson Phillips.
19. What film is about a chocolate factory run by Willy Wonka?
Answer: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
20. For what movie did Tom Hanks score his first Academy Award nomination?
21. What 1927 musical was the first “talkie”?
Answer: The Jazz Singer.
22. What American writer/director starred in several iconic European-produced “Spaghetti Westerns”?
Answer: Clint Eastwood.
23. In what 1950 drama does Bette Davis say, “Fasten your seatbelts; it’s going to be a bumpy night”?
Answer: All About Eve.
24. What famous L.A. landmark is heavily featured in Rebel Without a Cause?
Answer: Griffith Observatory.
25. What’s the name of the skyscraper in Die Hard?
Answer: Nakatomi Plaza.
26. The theme from The Third Man (also called “The Harry Lime Theme” was performed on what instrument?
27. Who directed Boris Karloff in the classics Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein?
Answer: James Whale.
28. Who played Martin Luther King Jr. in the 2014 biopic Selma?
Answer: David Oyelowo.
29. Marlon Brando “could have been a contender” in what iconic 1954 crime drama?
Answer: On the Waterfront.
30. What infamous 1980 box-office bomb ruined the career of The Deer Hunter director Michael Cimino?
Answer: Heaven’s Gate.
31. What 1994 crime film revitalized John Travolta’s career?
Answer: Pulp Fiction.
32. Which actor’s roles include Rashomon and Yojimbo?
Answer: Bryan Singer.
Random Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Be ready for the information that is included below. Here are some random movie trivia questions and answers; some of them may astound you, some may broaden your perspective. Check them out!
1. What Hollywood movie star plays himself in Zombieland?
Answer: Bill Murray.
2. Which villain is known for saying the following: “Why So Serious?”
Answer: The Joker.
3. Who directed Alien?
Answer: Ridley Scott.
4. What is Batman’s city?
Answer: Gotham City.
5. Who is the only actor to receive an Oscar nomination for acting in a Lord of the Rings movie?
Answer: Ian McKellen.
6. Who wrote the famous, scary theme music from Halloween?
Answer: John Carpenter.
7. Which 1948 Alfred Hitchcock movie starred James Stewart and was shot to look like one continuous take?
8. What critically panned 1984 country-musical comedy starring Dolly Parton and Sylvester Stallone eventually became a cult classic?
9. The stage play Everybody Comes to Rick’s was adapted for the screen to become what 1942 Best Picture winner?
10. Who took over the role of Bruce Wayne’s love interest Rachel Dawes in The Dark Knight, following Katie Holmes’s exit after Batman Begins?
Answer: Maggie Gyllenhaal.
11. In what 1979 James Bond movie does the famous spy go to outer space?
12. Who played park owner John Hammond in Jurassic Park?
Answer: Richard Attenborough.
13. What animated classic was the first film of the late-twentieth-century “Disney Renaissance?”
Answer: The Little Mermaid.
14. What song plays over the opening credits of Guardians of the Galaxy?
Answer: “Come and Get Your Love” by Redbone.
15. In what 1976 thriller does Robert De Niro famously say “You talkin’ to me?”
Answer: Taxi Driver.
16. What is the name of Quint’s shark-hunting boat in Jaws?
Answer: The Orca.
17. For which 1964 musical blockbuster did Julie Andrews win the Academy Award for Best Actress?
Answer: Mary Poppins.
18. Aaron Sorkin won an Oscar for writing what 2010 drama about the creation of Facebook?
Answer: The Social Network.
19. What’s the name of the anthemic dance near the beginning of The Rocky Horror Picture Show?
Answer: “The Time Warp”.
20. What is the highest-grossing R-rated movie of all time?
21. What’s the name of Charlie Chaplin’s most famous, recurring character?
Answer: “The Tramp”.
22. For what movie did Steven Spielberg win his first Oscar for Best Director?
Answer: Schindler’s List.
23. Who wrote the screenplay for Rocky?
Answer: Sylvester Stallone.
24. Who is the only person ever to receive an Oscar nomination for acting in a Star Wars movie?
Answer: Alec Guinness.
25. What is the name of the courtesan played by Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge!
26. Which Oscar-winning blonde bombshell played James Stewart’s love interest Lisa Carol Fremont in Rear Window?
Answer: Grace Kelly.
27. What national monument does Cary Grant climb in the heart-pounding final moments of North by Northwest?
Answer: Mount Rushmore.
28. Who is the first actor to play Jack Ryan on screen?
Answer: Alec Baldwin.
29. What was Quentin Tarantino’s first feature as writer/director?
Answer: Reservoir Dogs.
30. What was Audrey Hepburn’s birth name?
Answer: Audrey Kathleen Ruston.
31. Which 1927 war drama was the first movie to ever win Best Picture?
Fun Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Does anyone ever get stuck for words or topics when talking about a movie? There is no way we can! We’re going to talk about some fun movie trivia questions that are great for the whole family because just the concept of movie trivia is so much fun! Are you prepared to respond to this movie trivia quiz?
1. What flavor of Pop Tarts does Buddy the Elf use in his spaghetti in Elf?
2. Who played Juror Number 8 in 12 Angry Men?
Answer: Henry Fonda.
3. What are the dying words of Charles Foster Kane in Citizen Kane?
4. Who voiced the sultry Jessica Rabbit in Who’s Afraid of Roger Rabbit?
Answer: Kathleen Turner.
5. Who played Mrs. Robinson in The Graduate?
Answer: Anne Bancroft.
6. In Risky Business, what song did Tom Cruise famously lip-sync to in his underwear?
Answer: “Old Time Rock and Roll” by Bob Seger.
7. The head of what kind of animal is front-and-center in an infamous scene from The Godfather?
Answer: A horse.
8. Which movie was incorrectly announced as the winner of Best Picture at the 2017 Academy Awards, during the greatest Oscars flub of all time?
Answer: La La Land.
9. Who played iconic femme fatale Phyllis Dietrichson in classic 1946 film noir Double Indemnity?
Answer: Barbara Stanwyck.
10. Who played the “Unsinkable” Molly Brown in Titanic?
Answer: Kathy Bates.
11. What TV show was Jack Nicholson referencing when he ad-libbed “Here’s Johnny!” in The Shining?
Answer: The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson.
12. What is the model of revolver made famous by Clint Eastwood’s “Dirty” Harry Callahan?
Answer: Smith & Wesson Model 29 .44 Magnum.
13. What’s the Los Angeles hotel prominently featured in Pretty Woman?
Answer: The Beverly Wilshire by Four Seasons.
14. What actress’ name, who voices Princess Elsa in the Frozen films, did John Travolta botch at the 2014 Oscars?
Answer: Idina Menzel.
15. In the action thriller Speed, why is Annie (Sandra Bullock)’s driver’s license suspended?
Answer: She was speeding.
16. What is the highest-grossing foreign-language film at the U.S. box office?
Answer: The Passion of the Christ.
17. What is the real name of Uma Thurman’s “The Bride” character from Kill Bill?
Answer: Beatrix Kiddo.
18. What is the highest-grossing movie of all time when not taking inflation into account?
19. Jennifer Lawrence won a Best Actress Academy Award for what 2012 romantic comedy/drama?
Answer: Silver Linings Playbook.
20. Which Alfred Hitchcock thriller is notorious for its shocking “shower scene”?
21. What is the highest-grossing movie of all time when taking inflation into account?
Answer: Gone With the Wind.
22. The Battle of Thermopylae served as the basis of what highly stylized 2006 smash hit swords-and-sandals action flick?
23. What is the only ‘X’-rated film to win Best Picture at the Oscars?
Answer: Midnight Cowboy.
24. How many suns does Luke’s home planet of Tatooine have in Star Wars?
25. Which famous film composer wrote the music for Tim Burton’s 1989 Batman?
Answer: Danny Elfman.
26. In what 1969 James Bond thriller does the famous spy fall in love and get married?
Answer: On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.
27. This acclaimed, Oscar-winning filmmaker directed Happy Feet, Babe: Pig in the City and Mad Max: Fury Road.
Answer: George Miller.
28. What 1970 movie marked the feature debut of Arnold Schwarzenegger?
Answer: Hercules in New York.
29. Who played detective Rick Deckard in Blade Runner?
Answer: Harrison Ford.
30. What is the first movie ever to be rated PG-13?
Answer: Red Dawn (1984).
Classic Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Are you a classic movie aficionado who can name every significant classic film off the top of their head? You will undoubtedly enjoy these classic movie trivia questions and answers. Test your film knowledge by responding to them!
1. Houdini was played by who in the 1953 movie about the famous magician?
Answer: Tony Curtis.
2. When was “The Sixth Sense” released?
3. What prominent American director won an Oscar for helming Forrest Gump?
Answer: Robert Zemeckis.
4. Who was it that said “Too much of a good thing is wonderful”?
Answer: Mae West.
5. Who portrays Cole Sear in “The Sixth Sense”?
Answer: Haley Joel Osment.
6. The wartime documentaries December 7th and The Battle of Midway were directed by what famous American Director?
Answer: John Ford.
7. The 2006 movie “World Trade Center” was directed by whom?
Answer: Oliver Stone.
8. In which movie did Leonardo DiCaprio have to devour a raw slab of bison’s liver, despite being a vegetarian?
Answer: The Revenant.
9. Who was the first actor to play Spiderman?
Answer: Paul Soles.
10. Who was the man to marry Pocahontas?
Answer: John Smith.
11. What production company is responsible for producing “Charlie’s Angels”?
Answer: Columbia Pictures.
12. In “Sleepless in Seattle,” what kind of stuffed animal does Sam’s son, Jonah, have?
Answer: Teddy bear.
13. What do Bob Hope, Jane Seymour, and Anthony Hopkins have in common?
Answer: All gave up their British citizenship to obtain American citizenship.
14. In the movie Cloverfield, what city gets trashed?
Answer: New York.
15. “The Jazz Singer” stars which actor?
Answer: Neil Diamond.
16. In what Disney Cartoon feature do the characters Frozone, Syndrome, and Bomb Voyage appear?
Answer: The Incredibles.
17. Sylvester the cartoon cat is always trying to catch a little yellow canary, what is its name?
Answer: Tweetie Pie.
18. When was “The Jazz Singer” released?
19. How is Jane Fonda related to Bridget Fonda?
20. What actor rides the bucking bull named sunshine in Sam Peckinpah’s Junior Bonner?
Answer: Steve McQueen.
21. On the first Friday the 13th film, how many people does Jason murder?
22. What black actor played the part of Nelson Mandela in The Long Walk to Freedom?
Answer: Morgan Freeman.
23. Elvis Presley played a Red Indian in what movie?
Answer: Stay Away Joe.
24. The Jets and the Sharks are in what Oscar-winning movie?
Answer: West Side Story.
25. Who played Julie’s best freind in the film “I Still Know What You Did Last Summer”?
26. What is the name of Gary Cooper’s character in Mr. Deeds Goes to Town?
27. How are Jeanne Crain, Ann-Margret, and Janet Gaynor connected?
Answer: All three played the same role in various versions of State Fair.
28. Who played the Queen Mother in the 2006 movie The Queen?
Answer: Sylvia Sims.
29. What character did Leonardo DiCaprio play in the movie Titanic?
Answer: Jack Dawson.
30. What was used for riot control in the movie Soylent Green?
Answer: The Scoups – Earth moving vehicles.
Easy Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
To warm up, you are advised to begin with easy movie quiz questions and answers. We got you covered and simply choose from ones below.
1. What is the name of the piggy bank in the Toy Story?
2. What is the name of Shrek’s princess?
Answer: Princess Fiona.
3. Name the seven dwarfs in Snow White?
Answer: Sneezy, Sleepy, Dopey, Doc, Happy, Bashful, Grumpy.
4. What is the Panda’s name in Kung Fu Panda?
5. What was the name of the first film in the ‘Harry Potter’ series?
Answer: ‘Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone’.
6. What’s the name of Meatloaf’s character in The Rocky Horror Picture Show?
7. What is the name of the red car in the movie Cars?
Answer: Lightning McQueen.
8. What is the wood-carvers name in Pinocchio?
9. What’s the name of the famous Big Red Dog?
10. In which movie did Keanu Reeves learn Judo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, marksmanship and driving, and performed about 95% of the fight scenes himself?
Answer: ‘John Wick: Chapter 2’.
11. Which film’s makeup and hairstyling won an Oscar despite the makeup budget being only $250?
Answer: ‘Dallas Buyers Club’.
12. What zoo are the animals from in Madagascar?
Answer: Central Park Zoo.
13. In the Disney Pixar movie Monsters Inc., who is the company’s best scarer?
Answer: James ‘Sully’ Sullivan.
14. What is the Little Mermaid’s name?
15. What is the name of the princess in Princess & The Frog?
16. In which movie was the iconic DeLorean time machine originally a refrigerator?
Answer: ‘Back To The Future’.
17. What is the name of the lead pirate in Pirates of the Caribbean?
Answer: Captain Jack Sparrow.
18. What is the name of the wooly mammoth in Ice Age?
Answer: Manfred (Manny).
19. When adjusted for inflation, which is the highest-grossing movie of all time?
Answer: ‘Gone With The Wind’.
20. What is the little girl’s name who stars in Bolt’s television series?
21. What are the names of the two old men Muppets in the balcony?
Answer: Statler and Waldorf.
22. Which movie depicted the battle scenes of D-Day so realistically that it caused Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in combat Veterans when they watched it?
Answer: ‘Saving Private Ryan’.
23. In which movie, was the sound of a Russian train’s toilet flushing used as the sound of automatic doors opening?
Answer: ‘Star Trek’.
24. Which movie has a Starbucks cup in every single scene in the movie?
Answer: ‘Fight Club’.
25. Who actually drew the sketch of Rose in Titanic?
Answer: James Cameron.
26. Which is the First US film to Feature a toilet flushing?
27. Where were The Lord of the Rings movies filmed?
Answer: New Zealand.
28. After which movie did the sale of pet rats increase rapidly?
29. Which actor was in the following movies: The Outsiders, Wayne’s World, and Tommy Boy?
Answer: Rob Lowe.
30. What is the name of the fictional land where Frozen takes place?
Hard Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
These difficult trivia questions will increase the level of difficulty. Forget the boring responses; these will make them ponder! When you have teams or a great reward, use these hard movie trivia questions and answers if you simply want to somewhat lower everyone’s pride.
1. What was the name of Eddie Murphy’s character in Beverly Hills Cop?
Answer: Axel Foley.
2. What is the name of Edward Norton’s character in “Fight Club”?
3. What substance is Han Solo frozen in during “The Empire Strikes Back”?
4. What was the first film that gave Tom Cruise his breakthrough?
Answer: “Risky Business.”
5. Which movie franchise is known for the following: “May the odds be ever in your favour.”
Answer: Hunger Games.
6. How many James Bond movies did Sean Connery star in?
7. What woman has won the most Oscars?
Answer: Edith Head – eight for costume design.
8. What horror film did James Wan produce in 2016?
Answer: “The Conjuring 2.”
9. What film earned Tom Cruise his 1999 Golden Globe Award?
10. Which director directed Apocalypse Now?
Answer: Francis Ford Coppola.
11. In the James Bond movie Dr. No, who portrays Honey Rider?
Answer: Ursula Andress.
12. What did actors use as fake cocaine on the set of “The Wolf of Wall Street”?
Answer: Crushed vitamin B pills.
13. What was the last movie Sean Connery starred in?
Answer: “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.”
14. On the day of his wife’s murder, what drink was Andy drinking in the movie “The Shawshank Redemption”?
15. Which actress has the longest TV career spanning over 80 years?
Answer: Betty White.
16. Who played the protagonists for the iconic characters Robert Balboa and Adonis Creed?
Answer: Sylvester Stallone and Michael B. Jordan.
17. What movie gave Robert De Niro his first lead role?
18. Who said during their one and only Oscar acceptance speech “I think they gave it to me because I’m the oldest”?
Answer: Jessica Tandy.
19. When was Ferris Beuller’s Day Off released?
Answer: June 11, 1986.
20. Bruce Willis played a time traveler in what 1995 movie?
Answer: 12 Monkeys.
21. How many Golden Globe Awards does Brad Pitt have?
21. What is the longest movie ever made?
Answer: Logistics – at 51,420 minutes, (857 hours or 35 days and 17 hours), it is the longest movie ever made.
22. What character does Robert De Niro play in “The Godfather Part II”?
Answer: Vito Corleone.
23. When was the first “The Hunger Games” film released?
24. “Die Hard” fans know Bruce Willis by what character name?
Answer: John McClane.
25. Who created the superhero character Captain America?
Answer: Joe Simon and Jack Kirby.
26. What is the name of the first actress to win an Academy Award?
Answer: Janet Gaynor.
27. Carlos Estevez is better known as whom?
Answer: Charlie Sheen.
28. What role did Margot Robbie play in Batman?
Answer: Harley Quinn.
29. What year did Sean Connery star in the James Bond movie Dr. No?
30. Which movie takes credit as the highest-grossing movie of the 80s decade?
Answer: E. T. The Extraterrestrial.
General Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
This is for all-around movie enthusiasts who are knowledgeable about every film available. These general movie trivia questions and answers are a great way to push yourself or learn more about the movie industry.
1. Which actor has featured in films including The Last Emperor and Lawrence of Arabia?
Answer: David Lean.
2. Who was the director of X-Men (2000)?
Answer: Bryan Singer.
3. Who is the first and only woman of color to win the Oscar for Best Actress?
Answer: Halle Berry.
4. What’s the fictional brand of cigarettes in Quentin Tarantino’s movies?
Answer: Red Apple cigarettes.
5. What actress was the queen of 1970s “Blaxploitation” cinema?
Answer: Pam Grier.
6. In which 1970’s films does Dustin Hoffman play the character ‘ Babe Levy’?
Answer: Marathon Man.
7. Which actress replaced Rachel Weisz as Evelyn O’Connor in The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor?
Answer: Maria Bello.
8. What kind of bug is on the back of Ryan Gosling’s silk jacket in Drive?
9. Who played the Wicked Witch of the West in The Wizard of Oz?
Answer: Margaret Hamilton.
10. Which film does Jack Black voice a shark in?
11. What is the first fantasy movie to win Best Picture at the Oscars?
Answer: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
12. Who played Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow in Bonnie & Clyde?
Answer: Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty.
13. What legendary pop star judges a fashion “walk-off” between Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson in Zoolander?
Answer: David Bowie.
14. The films ‘8 Women’ and ‘Dancer in the Dark’ feature which French actress?
Answer: Catherine Deneuve.
15. What Martin Scorsese movie holds the all-time record for F-bombs?
Answer: The Wolf of Wall Street.
16. What is the second (and last) fantasy movie to win Best Picture at the Oscars?
Answer: The Shape of Water.
17. What’s the name of John Wayne’s character in True Grit (played by Jeff Bridgesin the remake)?
Answer: Rooster Cogburn.
18. What famous heartthrob is unrecognizable under layers of makeup as The Penguin in 2021’s The Batman?
Answer: Colin Farrell.
19. What is the highest-grossing war movie of all time and Clint Eastwood’s highest-grossing movie ever?
Answer: American Sniper.
20. Dakota Johnson dropped out of Olivia Wilde’s sophomore feature Don’t Worry Darling to appear in what critically acclaimed 2021 drama?
Answer: The Lost Daughter.
21. What is the name of the extended ballet sequence near the end of Singin’ in the Rain?
Answer: “Broadway Melody”.
22. In Clueless, what character said, “You’re a virgin who can’t drive?”
Answer: Tai (Brittany Murphy).
23. What is the first foreign-language movie to win the Oscar for Best Picture?
24. What is the name of the love interest whose “hair looks sexy pushed back” in Mean Girls?
Answer: Aaron Samuels (Jonathan Bennett).
25. What is the name of the fictional boy band in Pixar’s Turning Red?
26. Who played Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network?
Answer: Jesse Eisenberg.
27. On the rating of a movie, the ‘R’ stands for what?
28. Who plays Duncan Idaho in Dune (2021)?
Answer: Jason Momoa.
29. How many movies does MCU have?
30. Which actor got his first major role in A Nightmare On Elm Street?
Answer: Johnny Depp.
Famous Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
You might be able to win the very next trivia contest with some of these famous movie trivia questions in your back pocket. If so, enjoy your well-earned pizza as the winner and have a wonderful time!
1. How many Oscars has Meryl Streep won?
2. What is the name of Riley’s imaginary friend in Inside Out?
Answer: Bing Bong.
3. What highly acclaimed Richard Linklater drama was filmed over and produced over 12 years?
4. What critically maligned 2004 superhero film co-stars Sharon Stone as an evil cosmetics executive?
5. Which war movie won the academy award for best picture in 2009?
Answer: The hurt locker.
6. How many Oscars has Meryl Streep been nominated for?
7. Which movie star is killed off in the opening scene of Scream?
Answer: Drew Barrymore.
8. What is the name of Humperdinck’s kingdom in The Princess Bride?
9. Who played the Green Goblin in 2002 box-office smash Spider-Man?
Answer: Willem Dafoe.
10. What was the name of the second Indiana Jones movie, released in 1984?
Answer: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
11. Which movie features Bruce Willis as John McClane, a New York police officer, taking on a gang of criminals in a Los Angeles skyscraper on Christmas Eve?
Answer: Die Hard.
12. For what movie did George Clooney win his sole acting Oscar to date?
13. How many screenwriting Oscars has Quentin Tarantino won?
14. Which actor starred in the 1961 movie The Hustler?
Answer: Paul Newman.
15. Who won Best Supporting Actor Oscars for both Moonlight and Green Book?
Answer: Mahershala Ali.
16. “After all, tomorrow is another day!” is the last line from which movie that won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 1939?
Answer: Gone with the Wind.
17. Near the end of Vertigo, when Judy transforms into Madeline, she is bathed in what color light?
18. What is the name of the hobbit played by Elijah Wood in The Lord of the Rings movies?
Answer: Frodo Baggins.
19. What was the first pandemic era movie to gross over $1 billion at the box office?
Answer: Spider-Man: No Way Home.
20. In which year were the Academy Awards, or “Oscars”, first presented?
21. Which English actor won the 2014 Academy Award for best actor for his role in The Theory of Everything?
Answer: Eddie Redmayne.
22. Who played Regan MacNeil in The Exorcist?
Answer: Linda Blair.
23. Who is the only actor to appear in Robert Wise’s 1961 West Side Story movie and the 2021 remake?
Answer: Rita Moreno.
24. Judy Garland starred as Dorothy Gale in which classic movie?
Answer: The Wizard of Oz.
25. Who won his second Best Actor Oscar in 2021, in the ceremony’s biggest upset?
Answer: Anthony Hopkins.
26. What actress exited the set of apocalyptic comedy This is the End over objections to appearing in a scene that involved cannibalism?
Answer: Emma Watson.
27. In the 1932 pre-Code film Blonde Venus, Marlene Dietrich famously appears in a nightclub dressed as what animal?
Answer: A gorilla.
28. Which actress plays Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games movies?
Answer: Jennifer Lawrence.
29. What internationally esteemed Malaysian actress has starred in a Bond film, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Crazy Rich Asians, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings and more?
Answer: Michelle Yeoh.
30. Which 1997 science fiction movie starring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones tells the story of a secret agency that polices alien refugees who are living on earth disguised as humans?
Answer: Men in Black.
Horror Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Although not everyone has the patience to see an entire horror film, those who can’t think of a better genre. All great horror movies share one thing: they leave you with a lasting impression that is impossible to forget. At least you can use those impressions to enjoy some of these horror movie trivia questions and answers. This place is soon to become scary!
1. What was a 1953 horror film remade in 2005 with Paris Hilton in the lead role?
Answer: House of Wox.
2. What television series is based on a concept for an unproduced episode of The X-Files?
Answer: Final Destination.
3. What eerie film is credited with coining the notorious phrase, “Do you like horror movies?”
Answer: Scream 1996.
4. Which horror film’s tagline is “We dare you to say his name five times”?
5. In the original A Nightmare on Elm Street, what is Nancy’s address?
Answer: 1428 Elm Street.
6. When Carrie (1976) takes the stage after her election as Prom Queen, bullies douse her in what animal’s blood?
7. In which horror film does the phrase “the power of Christ compels you.” appear?
Answer: The Exorcist.
8. Which classic horror film stars a serial killer dressed as William Shatner?
9. In which film did Annabelle the doll make her debut?
Answer: The Conjuring.
10. What film was A Quiet Place initially intended to be a sequel to?
11. The synopsis below most accurately represents what horror film? “A research team in Antarctica is hunted by a shape-shifting alien that assumes the appearance of its victims.”
Answer: The Thing.
12. What is the actual name of “Chucky” in ‘Child’s Play’?
Answer: Charles Lee Ray.
13. What is the name of the camp where Jason Voorhees drowns in the Friday the 13th series?
Answer: Camp Crystal Lake.
14. What is the actual name of Pinhead in Clive Barker’s original novel, The Hellbound Heart?
Answer: Hell Priest.
15. What horror film used the following tagline? “In space, no one can hear you scream.”
16. Which well-known horror film is recognized as one of the most profitable films of all time?
Answer: Paranormal Activity.
17. What was Jason’s original name on Friday the 13th?
18. What was the twentieth century’s first American horror film?
19. What Is the Highest-Grossing Stephen King Film Adaptation to Date?
Answer: 2017 remake of IT.
20. Which horror film franchise is the longest-running?
Answer: Friday the 13th.
21. What horror film of Georges Méliès is commonly regarded as the world’s first horror film?
Answer: Le Manoir du diable’
22. What was Steven Spielberg’s inspiration for the name of the artificial shark in ‘Jaws,’ and who was it modelled after?
Answer: Bruce; lawyer.
23. In Brad Pitt’s Se7en film, who is assassinated for the deadly sin of pride?
Answer: A model.
24. What is the name of the clown in ‘The Devil’s Rejects’?
Answer: Captain Spaulding.
25. Who published ‘An American Werewolf in London’ in 1981?
Answer: John Landis.
26. What iconic horror film was dubbed The Babysitter Murders at one point?
27. What Is The Exorcist’s Demon’s Name?
28. What heinous beast was the subject of 2007’s ‘Rogue’?
29. Which horror film actress slept in bloody clothes for three days to nail the look of a gory scene?
Answer: Sissy Spacek (Carrie).
30. Which three horror films did serial killer Ed Gein inspire?
Answer: Psycho, The Silence of the Lambs, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Disney Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Disney movies helped most people have a happy childhood, and their influence cannot be quickly forgotten. These Disney movie trivia questions will put you to the test if you believe you have earned a place among Disney fans.
1. Who was the first Disney princess to appear in a movie?
Answer: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
2. Woody and Buzz are characters from which Disney movie?
Answer: The movie Toy Story.
3. Princess Aurora is a character from which Disney movie?
4. Boo is a character from which Disney Pixar film?
Answer: Monsters, Inc.
5. How many dwarfs does Snow White live with?
6. What type of animals own the ice cream shop in Zootopia?
Answer: An elephant.
7. What is the name of Simba’s father in The Lion King?
8. Who is the youngest Disney princess?
Answer: Snow White.
9. What’s the name of the song that Cinderella and Prince Charming dance to?
Answer: So this is love.
10. Which one of the Disney Characters was played by Mike Meyers?
11. Tinkerbell is the magical fairy that is always helping which Disney character?
Answer: Peter Pan.
12. Mickey Mouse has a wife named what?
Answer: Minnie Mouse.
13. How many sisters does Ariel have?
14. In the movie Alice and Wonderland, what is the appearing character that seems to guide Alice?
Answer: The Cheshire cat.
15. Who is the only Disney princess who isn’t considered to be royalty?
16. How many siblings does Prince Naveen Have?
17. In the movie Frozen, how many brothers does Hans have?
Answer: Twelve brothers.
18. Who is one of the only Disney princesses to have hazel eyes?
19. Who was the first Disney villain?
Answer: The Evil Queen in Snow White.
20. Who visits the workshop and brings Pinocchio back to life?
Answer: A blue fairy.
21. What song was almost cut from The Little Mermaid?
Answer: Part of Your World.
22. What is the name of Jasmine’s pet tiger in Aladdin?
23. In the movie Cars, what is the name of the main character?
Answer: Lightning McQueen.
24. Winnie the Pooh has a best friend that goes by the name of what?
25. What is the name of the snake in The Jungle Book?
26. What is the name of the character who has no memory in the movie Finding Nemo?
27. In the movie Tangled, what is the name of the horse?
28. In the movie Beauty and the Beast, what is the name of the princess?
29. In the movie Brave, what is the name of the bear antagonist?
30. King Triton is a character from what movie?
Answer: The Little Mermaid.
30. In the Parent Trap, what does the main character discover she has?
Answer: A twin.
Marvel Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
American comic book characters are the focus of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and despite the media franchise’s abundance of superhero films, consumers still crave more. So you consider yourself to be an MCU fan? Let’s put your film knowledge to the test with these Marvel Cinematic Universe trivia questions and answers to see how much of a Marvel fan you are.
1. What does Thor want another of when he’s in the diner?
Answer: Thor wants another cup of coffee.
2. Who was responsible for King T’Chaka’s death?
3. What Is the Name of Thor’s Axe?
Answer: Stormbreaker is the name of the axe.
4. What type of doctor is Stephen Strange?
Answer: Doctor Strange was a neurosurgeon.
5. What fake name does Natasha use when she first meets Tony?
Answer: Natalie Rushman is the fake name she uses with Tony.
6. Who can lift Thor’s hammer?
Answer: Captain America can lift Thor’s hammer.
7. How many Infinity Stones are there?
8. What country are Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver from?
Answer: They are from the country, Sokovia.
9. Which S.H.E.I.L.D. building is located in Washington, D.C.?
Answer: The Triskelion is the building in D.C.
10. Who is Tony Stark’s father?
Answer: Howard Stark.
11. Who does the Mad Titan sacrifice to acquire the Soul Stone?
Answer: Gamora is the sacrifice.
12. What is Carol Danvers’ nickname for Monica Rambeau?
Answer: Lieutenant Trouble.
13. What year was the first Iron Man movie released, kicking off the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
14. About which city do Hawkeye and Black Widow often reminisce?
15. Who was able to pick up Thor’s hammer in Endgame?
Answer: Captain America.
16. What is the alien race Loki sends to invade Earth in The Avengers?
Answer: The Chitauri invaded earth.
17. In the Incredible Hulk, what does Tony tell Thaddeus Ross at the end of the film?
Answer: Tony tells him that they are putting a team together.
18. The Flerkens are a race of extremely dangerous aliens that resembles what?
Answer: They look like cats.
19. Who is Peter Parker’s best friend?
Answer: His best friend is Ned Leeds.
20. Who is Hawkeye married to?
Answer: Laura Barton is married to Hawkeye.
21. Before becoming Vision, what is the name of Iron Man’s A.I. butler?
Answer: His butler is named J.A.R.V.I.S.
22. What were the three items Rocket claims he needs in order to escape the prison?
Answer: A security band, a battery, and a prosthetic leg.
23. What museum has a Captain American exhibit?
Answer: The Smithsonian has an exhibit on Captain America.
24. What species did Loki discover he is?
Answer: Frost Giants.
25. What’s the name of the helpful AI Tony Stark invented to replace J.A.R.V.I.S.?
Answer: The replacement was named F.R.I.D.A.Y.
26. Who is Black Panther’s sister?
Answer: Shuri is the Black Panther’s sister.
27. What kind of animal does Captain Marvel befriend?
Answer: A cat.
28. What animal does Darren Cross unsuccessfully shrink in the Ant-Man?
Answer: He shrinks some sheep.
29. What is the real name of the Black Panther?
Answer: The real name of the Black Panther is T’Challa.
30. Who is killed by Loki in the Avengers?
Answer: Agent Phil Coulson is killed by Loki.
31. What is Tony Stark’s dad’s name?
Answer: Howard Stark is Tony’s father.
Christmas Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
One of the finest holidays of the year, Christmas has inspired a number of films and television programmes. You might be able to respond to some of these Christmas movies quiz questions and answers if you’ve ever enjoyed one or more of these films. Let’s come and jingle the bells!
1. Who was the star of the movie titled White Christmas?
Answer: Bing Crosby.
2. Who played George Bailey in It’s a Wonderful Life?
Answer: Jimmy Stewart.
3. Who was the star of the Christmas movie Jingle All the Way?
Answer: Arnold Schwarzenegger.
4. What toy has magical powers that go on a new adventure every night after the kids go to sleep?
Answer: Elf on a Shelf.
5. What were the names of the Ghosts in A Christmas Carol?
Answer: Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet to Come.
6. Who tries to stop Christmas from coming, by stealing all things of Christmas from “the Who’s”?
Answer: The Grinch.
7. Who spies on kids and reports back to Santa?
Answer: Elf on a Shelf.
8. What happens when you stick your wet tongue to a frozen pole, like in A Christmas Story?
Answer: It gets stuck to the metal.
9. Who helped Rudolph after he left the North Pole?
Answer: Hermey the Elf and Yukon Cornelius.
10. What is the first name of Scrooge, the principal character of the novel, A Christmas Carol?
11. What animated film depicted a train that took kids to the North Pole on Christmas Eve?
Answer: The Polar Express.
12. How many reindeer were in the story “Twas the Night Before Christmas?”
Answer: Eight. Rudolph wasn’t in the story.
13. Who was the author of A Christmas Carol?
Answer: Charles Dickens.
14. What was the real department store featured in a Christmas movie? What movie?
Answer: Macy’s in Miracle on 34th Street.
15. What Christmas movie stars Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sinbad as dads trying to find a sell-out toy for their sons?
Answer: Jingle All the Way.
16. What does Santa say at the end of “A Visit from St. Nicholas” book?
Answer: Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
17. What Bing Cosby song is the best-selling single ever?
Answer: White Christmas.
18. Why did the other reindeer pick on Rudolph?
Answer: His rudy red nose.
19. What Christmas movie has Santa defending himself in court as to whether or not he’s really Santa?
Answer: Miracle on 34th Street.
20. How many ghosts are there in A Christmas Carol?
21. What 2004 Christmas movie was the first all-digital capture film?
22. What state is the setting of A Christmas Story?
23. What was the name of the animated Christmas movie featuring Tom Hanks?
Answer: The Polar Express.
24. What is the name of Ralphie’s little brother in A Christmas Story?
25. What 2011 animated movie depicted the story of Santa’s two sons vying for the position of Santa Claus?
Answer: Arthur Christmas.
26. What made Frosty come to life in the movie “Frosty the Snowman?”
Answer: His hat.
27. What is the “Major Award” that Ralphie’s dad wins?
Answer: He won a table lamp shaped like a woman’s leg wearing fishnet stockings.
28. In what store did Ralphie see this desired gift?
Answer: Higbee’s Department Store.
29. What does Ralphie’s aunt get him for Christmas in A Christmas Story?
Answer: A pink bunny suit.
30. In A Christmas Story, what was the name of the neighbors whose dog ate the Christmas turkey?
31. In A Christmas Story, what does Ralphie call his dad?
Answer: The Old Man.
Halloween Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Who wouldn’t want to take part in the entertaining secret’s reveal? Well, perhaps this supposition is consistent with the delight we get when a fact is exposed. These Halloween movie quiz questions are for you if you want to have fun. Any party or get-together will benefit from these lighthearted trivia questions!
1. What was the original title of Halloween?
Answer: The Babysitter Murders.
2. How much did the 1978 Halloween movie cost to make?
3. What time signature is the Halloween theme written in?
4. What was Beetlejuice almost called?
Answer: Scared Sheetless.
5. By 2018, how many Halloween films had been made?
6. Who was NOT approached to play Dr. Sam Loomis?
Answer: Vincent Price.
7. What is another name for Halloween?
Answer: Allhallows Eve.
8. Why can’t Michael be killed?
Answer: An ancient Druid curse.
9. Who did Tim Burton want to play Beetlejuice in Beetlejuice?
Answer: Sammy Davis Jr.
10. Michael Myers’ mask in Halloween was that of a famous actor. Which one?
Answer: William Shatner—the studio didn’t have much of a budget, so his mask was a Shatner mask from Star Trek painted white and distorted.
11. Where was Halloweentown filmed?
12. Which TV network airs the 31 Nights of Halloween event?
13. How many Michael Myers movies are there?
14. What year did Halloweentown premiere on Disney Channel?
15. Which actor turned down the role of Max Dennison in Hocus Pocus?
Answer: Leonardo DiCaprio.
16. Which Disney horror flick is set in space and is reminiscent of Star Wars?
Answer: ‘The Black Hole’ (1979).
17. What mask does Michael wear?
Answer: Captain Kirk mask.
18. What colors make up Freddy Krueger’s shirt in A Nightmare on Elm Street?
Answer: Red and green.
19. Which famous boy band used the mansion from Casper for one of their music videos?
Answer: The Backstreet Boys, for the “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)” video.
20. Which horror movie featured Sarah Jessica Parker as a witch?
Answer: ‘Hocus Pocus’ (1993).
21. How long did it take to put on Freddy Krueger’s makeup in A Nightmare on Elm Street?
Answer: 3 1/2 hours.
22. How many different people are believed to have portrayed Michael in the 1978 film?
23. Which live-action Disney movie got a remake starring Dwayne Johnson?
Answer: ‘Escape to Witch Mountain’ (1975).
24. Who inspired the character of Michael Myers?
Answer: A psychiatric patient.
25. How many takes did it take to get the puking scene right in The Exorcist?
Answer: Just one.
26. Which Disney movie was banned in Denmark?
Answer: ‘The Skeleton Dance’ (1929).
27. Which horror movie earned the most at the box office?
28. Which famous pirate franchise comes under Disney Studio?
Answer: ‘The Pirates of the Caribbean’.
29. Which horror flick features a Mickey Mouse gone mad?
Answer: ‘Runaway Brain’.
30. Which high fantasy horror flick did Disney coproduce?
Star Wars Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
When you are playing the game with other movie nerds, the Star Wars trivia questions and answers push you to the limit as a movie fan. In a game of movie trivia question and answers, it wouldn’t be pleasant to be the only expert. Try them out!
1. Who had the highest midi-chlorian count in Star Wars?
Answer: Anakin Skywalker.
2. Who had Rey’s parents taken and killed?
3. What year did the first Star Wars movie come out?
4. Where is Jabba the Hutt’s Palace located?
5. What is Baby Yoda’s real name?
6. Who told Anakin there is another Skywalker?
7. Where did Obi-Wan take Luke after his birth?
8. Chancellor Palpatine was which Sith Lord?
Answer: Darth Sidious.
9. What’s the name of Boba Fett’s ship?
Answer: Slave I.
10. Padmé was Queen of what?
11. Who are Kylo Ren’s parents?
Answer: Han Solo and Princess Leia.
12. Where was Yoda’s home in his final years?
13. Who killed Qui-Gon Jinn?
Answer: Darth Maul.
14. Who is Palpatine’s granddaughter?
15. What is the episode number of the very first Star Wars film?
16. What was Finn’s stormtrooper number?
17. What species is Chewbacca?
18. Who was Anakin Skywalker’s Padawan?
Answer: Ahsoka Tano.
19. Luke lost which of his hands in a fight with Darth Vader?
Answer: His right hand.
20. Who built C-3PO?
Answer: Anakin Skywalker.
21. What is Kylo Ren’s birth name?
Answer: Ben Solo.
21. What is Mando’s real name from The Mandalorian?
Answer: Din Djarin.
22. Who adopted Anakin and Padmé’s daughter?
Answer: Bail Organa.
23. What is the name of Han Solo’s ship?
Answer: The Millennium Falcon.
24. On Tatooine, what name did Obi-Wan go by?
25. Who acted as Queen Amidala’s decoy?
Answer: Her handmaiden Sabé.
26. Who created Star Wars?
Answer: George Lucas.
27. Anakin Skywalker grew up to be who?
Answer: Darth Vader.
28. Who is Luke and Leia’s father?
Answer: Darth Vader.
29. Per Yoda, what is the path to the dark side?
The Lord of Rings Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
Not everything needs to be a fierce contest. If you just want to unwind and have some light movie fun, these The Lord of the Rings questions are ideal! Take notes because, in one way or another, questions like these will make you think about all the movies you haven’t seen in a while.
1. Which actor played Samwise Gamgee?
Answer: Sean Astin.
2. The Lord of the Rings films are based on a novel written by which author?
Answer: J. R. R. Tolkien.
3. What marks the end of the Third Age?
Answer: The Third Age ended when Sauron is killed after the One Ring is destroyed.
4. He is Frodo’s loyal friend who journeyed with him from Middle Earth to Mount Doom.
Answer: Samwise Gamgee.
5. How many rings of power were made for the Elves, Dwarves, and Men?
Answer: Three for the Elves, Seven for Dwarves, and Nine for Men.
6. What is the name of the Elven character with the blonde hair and blue eyes who was lethal with a bow and charming with his looks?
7. Who was sent to Rivendell by Denethor to find answers about a dream he had?
8. Which are referred to as the Two Watchers that form an invisible barrier that couldn’t be passed through?
Answer: Carved statues on the entrance to the Cirith Ungol Tower.
9. What is the name of the mountain where the Master Ring was made?
Answer: Mount Doom.
10. Who released King Theoden from the spell of Saruman, which caused his appearance to make him look much older than he is.
11. What is Bilbo’s relation to Frodo?
Answer: Frodo is Bilbo’s second cousin.
12. During Bilbo’s birthday party, who were tasked to wash the dishes for stealing some fireworks from the back of Gandalf’s wagon?
Answer: Merry and Pippin.
13. Which Ent carried Pippin and Merry through Fangorn Forest?
14. What happened to Lobelia Sackville-Baggins after the War of the Rings?
Answer: She died and donated her money to help the Hobbits affected by Lotho – her son.
15. In what place was the set of Hobbiton village taken?
Answer: In the hillsides of the Waikato, Matamata (Northern New Zealand).
16. In ‘The Hobbit,’ what was the name of Thorin’s Elven sword that originally came from Gondolin?
17. How did Farmer Maggot protect the Bamfurlong farm from people?
Answer: By placing three trained dogs called Wolf, Fang, and Grip.
18. Which woman was Sam talking about in The Green Dragon?
Answer: Rosie Cotton.
19. In the War of the Ring, which forest does Saruman order the Orcs to cut down?
Answer: Fangorn Forest.
20. Name the last war against the armies of Mordor.
Answer: The Last Alliance of Men and Elves.
21. What is the title of the second movie in the trilogy?
Answer: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
22. Name Sauron’s fortress in Mordor.
23. What was the riddle that Gandalf could not figure out to open the door?
Answer: “speak friend and enter”.
24. Which ancient sword is known to be made by Telchar of Nogrod?
25. Who used to own the Ring of Power until Bilbo Baggins picked it up in the cave?
26. What is the name of the bridge that Gandalf destroys in the battle with Balrog?
Answer: Khazad-dum Bridge.
27. Who gave Frodo Baggins the Phial of Galadriel?
Answer: Elf-queen Galadriel.
28. What is the name of the fictional metal which the armored chain shirt of Frodo made from?
29. Who did Sam eventually marry?
Answer: Rosie Cotton.
30. What was Frodo stabbed with at the Skirmish at Weathertop?
Harry Potter Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
The seven Harry Potter fantasy books by British author J. K. Rowling gave us a movie franchise with millions of devoted fans. Here are some Harry Potter trivia questions for you if you consider yourself to be one of the devoted followers of the wonderful series.
1. Where does the Dursley family live?
Answer: Number Four, Privet Drive.
2. What animal do you see first in the movie?
Answer: An owl.
3. Who was the first person seen at the beginning of the movie, ‘Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone’?
Answer: Professor Dumbledore.
4. What did Harry Potter see in the mirror of Erised when he first came across it in the movie Harry Potter and The Sorcerer s stone?
Answer: Himself with his parents.
5. What does Hagrid do to Dudley during his first visit to Harry?
Answer: Dudley gets a pigtail.
6. What was Dumbledore keeping in Vault 713 of Gringotts before Hagrid removed it?
Answer: The sorcerer’s stone.
7. Who owns the flying motorcycle that Hagrid borrows to transport Harry to the Dursley house?
Answer: Sirius Black.
8. What platform is used for the Hogwarts Express?
Answer: Platform 9 ¾.
9. How does Griphook open the door to Vault 713?
Answer: By a finger stroke.
10. What type of animal does Professor McGonagall transform into in the movie ‘Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone’?
Answer: A cat.
11. How do the members of the wizard community send their mail?
Answer: By Owl.
12. Who was Lily Potter’s sister?
Answer: Petunia Dursley.
13. Who did Professor Dumbledore trust with his life?
14. What is the first spell that was cast by Hermione?
Answer: Oculus Reparo.
15. What year does the RJH medal say in the ‘Harry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone’?
16. How many bronze Knuts are there to a Sickle?
17. After the death of his parents, how is the infant Harry described?
Answer: The boy who lived.
18. What is Hagrid’s official title at Hogwarts?
Answer: Keeper of Keys.
19. How many times do we see Professor McGonagall as the animal?
20. What happens when Harry is at the zoo with Dudley in the movie ‘Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone’?
Answer: The glass ceiling between Dudley and the boa constrictor disappeared.
21. What does Hagrid bring Harry when he first meets him?
Answer: A birthday cake.
22. What is Harry’s wand made out of?
Answer: Holly and Phoenix feathers.
23. What does Harry do to Aunt Marge when she insults his parents?
Answer: Casts an inflating charm on her.
24. Maggie Smith portrayed which character?
25. What does Hermione get Harry for his birthday?
Answer: A broomstick servicing kit.
26. Where do the Weasley’s go on summer vacation?
27. What was the other name of ‘Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone’?
Answer: ‘Harry Potter And The Philosophers Stone’ was called ‘Harry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone’.
28. What does Harry tell Stan Shunpike his name is on the Knight Bus?
Answer: Neville Longbottom.
29. How does Harry’s Nimbus 2000 get broken during the quidditch match against Hufflepuff?
Answer: The whomping willow got ahold of it.
30. Who does Harry ask to sign his field trip permission slip?
Answer: Professor McGonagall.
31. What is the only thing that Harry can remember about the night of his parent’s death in the movie ‘Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone’?
Answer: A blinding flash of green light.
Hocus Pocus Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
This list of Hocus Pocus trivia questions will test your memory and the memory of your friends and family of the comedy horror movie. So gear up yourself and try them out. Good luck with it!
1. Which character dressed up as Madonna for the Halloween party?
Answer: Max and Dani’s mother.
2. What are the names of the Sanderson sisters?
Answer: Sarah, Winnie and Mary.
3. Who sings the song ‘Comes Little Children’?
Answer: Sarah Sanderson.
4. Who said these lines? “I smell, I smell, scrod.”
5. Can you recall the family name of the witches?
6. Which character will you find playing the drums?
7. Which character spoke these lines: “You buck-toothed, mop-riding, firefly from Hell!”
8. Which Sanderson sisters did Billy date?
Answer: Winnie and Sarah.
9. Which Sanderson sister was the first to die?
10. Can you guess who the speaker of this line is? “Come on! It’s just a bunch of hocus pocus!”
11. Guess the speaker of these lines: “Amok! Amok, amok, amok, amok, amok!”
Answer: Sarah Anderson.
12. Which character spoke the last line of the movie?
Answer: Thackery Binx.
13. By what nickname do Jay and Ice call Max?
14. At the end of the movie, who drinks the potion?
15. Who spoke the line: “Hag? Sisters, did you hear what he just called you?”
Answer: Winifred (Winnie).
16. Who lit the Black Flame Candle that ended up bringing the Sanderson sisters back?
Answer: Max Dennison.
17. What was the name of Winnie’s ex-boyfriend whom she summoned as a zombie?
Answer: Billy Butcherson.
18. Which Sanderson sister was the smartest among the three of them?
19. Which Sanderson sister will you find riding the vacuum?
Answer: Mary Sanderson.
20. Who speaks these lines? “Legend has it that the bones of a hundred children are buried within these walls.”
21. Which mythical creatures do the movie ‘Hocus Pocus’ feature?
22. When the Sanderson sisters got off the bus to head to the master’s house, whose broom was unusual?
23. How did Max trick the witches when he first tried to escape from them?
Answer: He activates the sprinklers by using a lighter.
24. Which Sanderson sister turned to stone before turning to dust?
Answer: Winnie (Winifred).
25. Which kitchen item can be used to be protected from the witches?
Answer: A circle drawn from salt.
26. How are the Sanderson sisters chased out of the house of the Devil?
Answer: By a dog.
27. What was the name of Thackery Binx’s sister?
28. In which state are the events of the movie based?
29. What does Max use to look like the sun when he goes to rescue Dani?
Answer: Car headlights.
30. What do Jay and Ice steal from Max the first time he meets them?
Final Thoughts on Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
That concludes our exhaustive list of movie trivia questions and answers. Use it to test your own movie knowledge or to play trivia games with family and friends at gatherings and game nights.
The best form of entertainment is definitely watching movies, especially when you’re with your family. It’s fun to discuss and debate movies with your loved ones by film quiz questions and answers.
When we watch a movie, there are some characters we have grown to adore and others we have grown to hate! Here we gathered some best movie trivia questions and answers for you. They range from fun movie quiz questions and easy movie trivia to hard trivia questions and much more.
Try to keep in mind songs, characters, and memorable quotations when you add new movies to your list of favourites and most-watched movies in the future so your knowledge of movie trivia and facts keeps expanding. So grab your favourite movie snack or some popcorn and start viewing the newest releases. Enjoy!